14.

Taehyung awoke with a slight groan, his limbs aching from being in the same position for the whole night. He blinked slowly, bringing his arms forward before trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. He let out a small yawn, resembling an adorable kitten.

He tiredly opens his eyes, a confused pout settling on his red lips as he sits in the middle of the comforter, finally awake enough to explore the room.

The room contained a small bed, a washstand, a bureau—without any mirror and a small table. There were no drapery curtains at the dormer windows, no pictures on the wall except for the lone painting near the desk. All in all, it seemed like a simple guest room, which confused the smaller boy even more.

The painting was quite dark— long sullen figures emerging from the sides of the frame looking like different shapes of hundreds of people. All of them seeming distinctive from one another, yet the person in the middle appeared odd. While the other black figures looked unfamiliar with their surroundings the one with the unusual white mask  came across as they were aware of what they were doing.

It was a somewhat peculiar painting, indeed. 

The walls were colored beige and bought a sense of comfort and home. The few furniture there was placed perfectly, the male was worried to taint it. Taehyung got up trying to get out of bed, but the heaps of entangled sheets pooling around his lower body made it hard causing him to lose coordination and land on the floor with a soft thud.

"oh? Tae are you okay? fuck, I knew we should've stayed here." Jimin blabbered out, dropping his laundry as he rushed over to help the younger male.

"I-I'm fine," Taehyung huffed out ignoring the warm sparks shooting up his body the moment Jimin had touched him and the sad eyes the older showed when he pulled away from his hold.

"I j-just feel a little nauseous." he spoke up.

"still? you were throwing up for an hour last night. Kook said that it must've been because of the fact that you were drugged. We were really worried though and you passed out right after you were done, but luckily none of it got on your clothes so we didn't have to change you-" Jimin rambled on guiding the younger to their washroom.

"Jimin, stop. You're talking his ear off. Calm down yeah? let him freshen up." Jungkook spoke, seemingly appearing out of nowhere and giving Taehyung a fresh pair of clothes and a small smile.

"I'll be quick and leave, just give me ten minutes." Taehyung spoke, watching Jungkook's small smile falter.

"Taehyung, no. We lost you once and we're not going to lose you again." Jimin said firmly, his eyes holding fire.

"Let's talk it out." Jungkook stated, leaving no room for argument.

It's 'bout time.

-

"Why, why did you decide to leave me alone for that long?" Taehyung spoke out his voice cracking slightly, keeping his gaze onto the plate of food.

"Publicity." Jungkook sighed out finally, after long minutes of uncomfortable silence and awkward staring.

"Publicity is the reason we had to stay away." He elaborates seeing the younger scrunch his eyebrows together in confusion.

"What this overdramatic bunny is trying to say is," Jimin cut the other off earning himself a low growl from the dominant only meant for his ears," Remember the two girls that night, at the café?"

Taehyung nods, vividly remembering that night, approximately a month ago— which seems like a long time ago right now.

"t-they took pictures with the both of you." The younger says, distaste evident in his voice making the other two smile ever so softly.