7. Choose

Time: 18:34
Location:  Red Centre
P.o.v.: Chanyeol
-- -- -- -- -- --  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I lay her down on the mattress on the ground shifting back to my natural state once I let her go. She's just as beautiful as I last saw her. I bend down watching her sleep, admiring her. It's been so long...

To say I expected this is an incredible lie, I didn't think she'd call my name. I didn't think she'd come back to me. But it all changed, the moment I felt it in my soul, when she called me. She said my name with pure emotions, she wanted me to save her. I can't blame her though, whatever they were doing to her was weaken her. If I hadn't made it just on time she'd be dead. Lucky, it only got her a little bit.

"You shouldn't have done that." The voice of the Samaritan warrior growls behind me.

I force all my energy into allowing my hand to become humanly flesh again. I breathe out struggling to maintain the strength, but the little time that I have I caress her soft skin missing her touch.

"Stop touching her-"

I grab his sword with my other bare flamed hand before it can reach her. "What do you want Baekhyun?"

"I want to know why the hell are we babysitting this thing-"

"Sohee."

"That's not Sohee!" He growls. "Sohee is dead."

"Then why is she breathing? Why can I feel the warmth of her skin?" I pose tilting my head closer to her, my finger brushes past her lips and I feel her warm breath. "Death isn't what she is. Can't you see, she's just dosing,"

Baekhyun gets quietened, I feel his presence next to me, he kneels down removing his mask revealing only the chains attached from ear to ear and heavy piercings on his nose attaching to the chain on his ears. "Bringing her here isn't part of the plan."

"I didn't come back in time to end this race. I came back for her." I state. "I'm not leaving her this time. Not with him at least."

"You can't stay with her. You're not as human as you used to be." He mutters and within that moment all my strength gathered fades away and I quickly remove my hand from her pure face before I burn her. "You're either with us, or against us. You'll die if you choose the opposite."

"What if... I can convince her to join us?" I ask, knowing the consequences of resisting them. "I've already... injected her."

Baekhyun's eyes widen and he stares at me. "Are you crazy! You can't turn her into us. Idiot this is how the infection starts."

I shake my head. "I didn't inject her with the dosage. I kissed her with my fire, I had to save her she was dying.. I'm not an idiot, I just got her, I'm not gonna kill her. She's been hurt enough,"

"So that means she thinks you're the human version of your person." He gets up with his sword looking at her on the ground before putting on his thick mask over his head. "You better pray the master accepts her, either way start thinking of what to tell her when she gains conscious."

"Thank yo-"

"Shut up."

I smile and look back to Sohee. "No one's gonna take you away from me. Ever."

Thank you guys so much for your support