𝕜𝕚𝕕𝕤 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕟𝕒𝕓𝕦ᵗʷᵒ

KIDS FROM NABU —

chapter two

Korei carried the perfectly kept printed list of supplies in one hand, the other feeling around in her small purse to make sure she had some money on her

Korei carried the perfectly kept printed list of supplies in one hand, the other feeling around in her small purse to make sure she had some money on her. Shopping for school supplies was always fun for her, especially since this was the first year of her doing it by herself! How exciting was that? Her grandmother couldn't tell her no!

The green-haired girl happily walked down the sidewalk, eyes scanning over the multiple different stores in the strip mall. This was the closest to her house, though she was planning on going to the mall afterward anyway. Her Gran was out with her friends so no one was telling her that she couldn't.

A gentle blush found its way onto her cheeks when her golden-brown eyes landed on the fancy lettering of the shop. Why did she feel so guilty looking at it? Her stomach did flips at the thought of going inside. Surely, someone would stop her! She was only fifteen years old! Korei had never been inside the lingerie stop, but she had stood outside for a few minutes just staring at the mannequins in the window. They were wearing such soft-looking material, lace, and silk wrapping around their bodies. She believed that even the ugliest bodies would look good in that type of clothing...her body would look good in that type of clothing. Korei would finally look good.

Shaking those thoughts from her head, she dragged herself past the lingerie store. What was the point in even thinking that she'd look good in something? She really needed to just get her school supplies and go. Knowing that she needed a new backpack, she headed for the thrift store. It's not that she didn't have enough money, in fact, her grandmother was well off and they never needed to worry about struggling, but Korei preferred using a bag that someone else had previously owned. It made her feel like she had an older sibling who grew out of the item and decided she could have it. It made her feel like someone wanted to give her something.

Korei managed to find a handful of cute outfits there, as well as a bag for the school year. And although she knew she'd probably never wear those skirts she had picked out, she bought them anyway. Who knows, maybe she'll gain the confidence to wear them? Maybe high school will be a completely different experience than middle school?

The train was relatively full. Most of the seats were taken and standing in front of someone sort of scared the poor girl. She felt awkward being in public and she was tempted to just wait for the next train to come. In the end, she forced herself to get on so she had more time at the mall. There were a few other kids on the train, kids that Korei knew from school. They didn't really talk to her much, but she had heard about them.

"Look, it's Korei Saito from Class 4." She couldn't hear exactly what they were saying and she chose just to ignore it. The fear that they were talking bad about her made her hands shake. "She looks kinda...lonely. You guys wanna see where she's going?"

"No way, dude! She's probably going to meet up with those kids from Nabu!" Korei perked up at the mention of the other middle school in her area. There were a few students there that she talked to every now and then on the walk to school. It was originally just so she could walk with someone but then it quickly developed into obsessing over a cute boy at Nabu. Hitoshi Shinsou. "That brainwashing guy scares the hell outta me!" Did I mention that Shinsou actually hung out with Korei and a few friends? She's never talked directly to him, never even having been alone with him before. Korei was certain that he didn't even know she existed.

"You're right. I heard he applied to Yuuei for the hero course. With a quirk like his, I'm surprised he isn't a villain. Less schoolwork, ya know?"

Korei felt her stomach fill with butterflies. Shinsou had applied to Yuuei? Was he accepted? Would she see him there? Clearing her head of those thoughts, she tried to focus on something else. She didn't need to be thinking about boys like that, especially Shinsou. Her asthma would act up...or worse, her grandmother would kill her! There's no point in liking him anyway, he definitely doesn't like fat girls. No one in their right mind would like a girl that looks like Korei, right? Wrong. So fucking wrong.

fluoxetine