chapter 23

"That was deeper than the Mariana Trench," I muttered, looking away due to my flustered face

"You liked that, didn't you?" Haechan started acting cockily as he made sure he was in my sight. His hands were on my shoulders and made me face him. "Did I make your heart skip a beat?"

"No, you are literally going to be the reason why my heart will have an attack," I responded and he chuckled. "Anyways, we have to escape this place to win."

"I want to stay here with you longer," he pouted, sitting on one of the tables. "This place is such an easy escape room."

"If you say so, then I'll do my best to solve it on my own," I remarked, scanning around. "You've solved pretty much half of the game."

"Let's make a bet," he suggested, getting up and standing beside me. "If you can triumphantly escape without my help, then I'll grant you one wish and vice versa, you in?"

"Yeah, I bet I can solve this undoubtedly," my competitive side showing as I scanned the room and studied for more clues.

"Says who?" Haechan chuckled as he asked, gazing at me with his eyes that didn't leave me.

"Says your girlfriend," I acknowledged and headed to the bookshelf that seemed suspicious. "There!"

There was a key hidden inside one of the books. I looked over at the chest that was hidden on the table that Haechan was sitting on. I tried to reach for it, but Haechan was in my way.

"Kiss me first, then I'll move," Haechan tantalized, the same old smirk on his face.

"Do you want me to kick you in—"

Haechan immediately got off the table and sat down on one of the chairs there. He wordlessly tarried there and didn't speak up again. Whenever I looked at him, he would look at me with a nervous smile with his legs crossed.

"I think I'm almost done," I murmured, grasping the numbers that were on the paper that was in the chest. "0809? They wouldn't give the code that clearly."

"0809? August 9?" I questioned, looking at the paper again to see a drawing of a bomb. "Bomb attack? World War II. Nagasaki Atom Bomb!"

I dashed to the door and examined the lock. Turning the numbers to form 1945, it promptly unlocked the lock. I glanced over at Haechan who gave me an applause. He strolled towards me and ruffled my hair.

"That's my Ahyoung," he praised and we successfully escaped in time. "I owe you a wish now."

"I'll be using it later today," I responded and we both took a polaroid to post on the wall of winners in the café. We were given a banana split as a prize for winning the game. The two of us ordered more food to eat, specifically coffee and sandwiches. "This date was fun. You're really good at planning things."

"Next thing you know I'll be planning our wedding," he joked which practically made me choke on my coffee. "Are you okay? I was just kidding. I'll plan it later."