chapter 20

[a/n: I recommend playing this while you read or before you read :))) ]

"I think you'll like this song even more," Haechan added and had his fingers above the keys, then started to play the song

It was calming and soothing, but what surprised me, even more, was that he started to sing the song. I didn't know the song, but it was pretty.

"I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken. I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget," Haechan sang with his honey voice. His fingers danced across the piano. "Clear the slate and start over. Try to quiet the noises in your head. We can't compete with all that."

Haechan's eyes darted to me, as he easily played the song without looking at the piano. It was as if he memorized it by heart. He showed a smile before the chorus came.

"So what if it's us? What if it's us? And only us. And what came before won't count anymore or matter? Can we try that?" Haechan sang while looking at me with his sparkling eyes that made him so captivating. "What if it's you? And what if it's me? And what if that's all that we need it to be? And the rest of the world falls away? What do you say?"

"What do you mean?" I slowly asked and Haechan sighed, taking his hands off the piano for a second.

"I love you, Ahyoung. I love you so much that I'm going crazy whenever I'm with you," Haechan confessed. "I realized how much I love being with you, asking how's your day and our little petty fights about who will clean the bathroom. I love you so much that I want to love you romantically."

"I also love you," I whispered and there was a bright smile on his face. He placed his hands back on the piano and continued to play.

"I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me," he sang, his eyes not leaving me as tears formed in his eyes.

"Hyuck..."

"So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go. But if you really see me," he sang, his eyes still on me as he smiled before a tear rolled down his cheek. "If you like me for me and nothing else. Well, that's all that I've wanted for longer than you could possibly know."

"So it can be us. It can be us. And only us. And what came before won't count anymore or matter," Haechan slowed down. "We can try that."

He stood up from his desk and stayed by the border, not crossing it.

"If I cross the border, I have to grant you a wish right?" Haechan questioned and I nodded my head.

He had crossed the border and stood in front of me. He placed his hands gently on both of my cheeks, smiled at me lovingly, and pulled my face closer to him, filling the space between our lips.

"I literally wanted to kiss you for so long," Haechan confessed. I plainly stared at him, mixed emotions. I was flustered yet felt thrilled. "I'm sorry, was I too quick?"