chapter 4

"This is an alcohol-free apartment", Jaemin stood tall

"I don't want to walk yet, I feel nauseous", I told Renjun who was forcing me to go to my room. "Give me a bit."

"Sense of smell triggers memories the most", Jaemin informed Renjun. "Spray some air freshener to get rid of the alcohol smell."

"I'm on it", Renjun replied and started to spray the air freshener everywhere, trying to hide the smell of alcohol.

"Why are you here?", Jeno seriously asked. "Where have you been? I thought you cut ties with us."

"I never cut ties", Haechan responded. "I just... needed some alone time."

Within a minute after speaking, Haechan blacked out from the overconsumption of alcohol. I stared at him, my memories switching in and out. I could see Dan then Haechan, it was triggering me. The memories were flooding me again, after two years.

"Are you okay?", Jaemin asked, kneeling down to face me. "Jeno! Renjun! Take him to his room and spray a generous amount of air freshener! Dump laundry detergent on him, I don't care."

"I'm okay, I think", I got a hold of myself. "That's the first time I..."

"Don't remember it, okay? That's bad", Jaemin scolded me. "I'll make you some warm milk to drink."

I looked over at Haechan who was being carried away by Renjun and Jeno towards his room, which was my room as well, meaning we had to share a room.

I sat down on the couch, my head leaning back, trying my best to stay calm. After a couple of minutes, Jaemin approached me with a warm glass of milk.

"Thanks", I thanked Jaemin. "You really know me well. Almost as well as Chenle."

"What parent wouldn't know their child", Jaemin joked. He was altruistic and avuncular, very ideal. "Well, it's not true. My mother didn't know what I liked or what I didn't."

"That's..."

"Don't even continue it", Jaemin cut me off.

"Hey", Jeno walked in the living room. "I got Haechan in his bed and Renjun is disinfecting the whole room. Do you want to sleep in my room for tonight, Ahyoung?"

"You're a fitness trainer though, your muscles might ache", I said, then gulping down the milk. "I'll just bare with that Haechan guy. Will he be staying here now?"

"By the looks of it, but we never know", Jeno replied, then handing me a tissue. "You've got milk above your lip."

"On, thanks", I was flustered and wiped my mouth.

"Are you sure you can sleep in the same room as him?", Jeno asked. "I don't really mind sleeping in the living room."

"I'm sure", I assured him.