chapter 2

I did what Renjun told me to do without any hesitation

I did what Renjun told me to do without any hesitation. I ran to the kitchen, grabbing a knife and headed to my room and locked the door. I entered the bathroom and locked the door shut as well. I hid behind the shower curtains, the knife in my hand, while the other had the shower head. I changed the water setting so that it would be hot water that spews out.

"Oh fuck, I think my phone fell out of my pocket", I muttered, realizing it was no longer in my pocket.

I didn't know how many minutes had passed, it felt longer than a math or history class. I heard a door open, most probably the door of my bedroom. Without even any banging, the door to the bathroom swung open. I slowly opened the water of the shower head and opened the curtain, aiming for whoever entered.

"Ahyoung!", the person shouted and I lowered the shower head, meeting eyes with a soaked Renjun and Jaemin. "That's freaking hot!"

"I'm sorry!", I panicked. "You could've announced that you came or who you were! How was I supposed to know!"

"At least she followed what you said, Renjun", Jaemin said, pointing at the knife. "It's good that she didn't stab any of us."

"Okay, you're right but we need to evacuate this area", Renjun stated and grabbed me by the wrist, getting me out of the bathroom. "You should pack the things you need the most. It's not safe here."

"What did the code mean?", I asked, looking at Renjun who was obviously worried. "It's from Dan, isn't it?"

"I will come for you. Sleep with one eye open", Renjun answered, he was dead serious. "His restraining order came to an end last month, he's definitely going to come for you. I don't think they could extend it because he showed no motive during the two years."

"I don't know much about these things. I just know that we need to protect Ahyoung", Jaemin said, approaching us two. "She can stay in our extra room."

"But I just started living here", I said. "I can't get back the money that I spent for rent."

"You've got to be kidding me. Your life is at threat and you worry about your money", Renjun chided at me, he was so done with me at this point.

"I'll find a way to get the money back", Jaemin assured me. "For now, let's go to our place."

"I'll just get my things", I said and got an empty duffel bag and stuffed a couple of clothes inside, my gadgets and documents inside.

"So there's no one— Why are the two of you drenched?", Jeno entered the room, shocked to see the sight of his two friends like this.

"Ask Ahyoung", Renjun sighed.

"Our fault", Jaemin answered.

"Okay, I think I've got everything", I informed them.

"I'll be taking that", Jeno said as he got my duffel bag. "I'll place it in the trunk of the car."