29

29. Cloudy Days Ahead

Roni Quinn

I was numb.

My body was frozen. 

I was in the back of the ambulance being looked at the paramedics. I was too much in shock to even care what I look like. I looked down at my hands and they were covered in blood. I just couldn't believe what just happened. I couldn't believe she would do something like this. 

                                                                                                                                                         Twelve Hours Earlier...

I opened my eyes to the sun shining in my face. I rolled over in my bed and saw that Dave was gone. I sat up in bed and went to the bathroom. I threw up and then went downstairs. I found Dave in the kitchen making breakfast. I smiled walking over to him. I wrapped my arms around me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey I thought I'd do something nice for you." Dave said. 

"Yea? What's the occasion?" I asked. 

"Just showing how much I love you." Dave said.

"Aw you're so sweet." I said. 

"Don't tell anyone." Dave joked.

Dave soon finished breakfast and the two of us sat down and ate together. Once I was finished I felt my stomach turn/ I went over to the sink and threw up again. What the fuck was going on with me?

"I gotta go." Dave said.

I turned around. "Where?" 

"Something I gotta take care of." Dave said. 

I knew what that meant. I gave Dave a reassuring smile and Dave left. I finished cleaning up and then went upstairs and then went upstairs to get my phone. I dialed Roe's number. 

"Hey." Roe said. 

"Hey, its me. You got time for a lesson?" I said.

"Yea but I got some clients coming in." I said. 

"Ok I'll be there around three." I said.

"Ight." Roe said. 

I hung up the phone and stripped out of my clothes. I went into my bathroom and hopped in the shower. I let the water rain down on me as I thought about the night Lauren came here and threatened me. How she threatened my family. I know she had to put down and I'm the right person to do it. 

Dave East

I pulled up to the warehouse and saw that there was a lot of cars. I got out of the car and went inside where I found Tyrell, Nasir, and Uncle with some of the guys. I already knew what this was about. 

"Dave." Nasir said.

"Wass up nephew." Uncle said. 

"You know what you're here for, you know who we're here to stop." I said.

"If she has twice the man-power we have, who's to say she won't come for us." One of Uncle's henchman said. 

"Lauren only cares about territory. About where she gets her money from. She doesn't attack, she defends." Nasir said. 

"So what's the play here?" Uncle asked. 

"Lauren has three cash houses where she stashes her money and product there. If we hit those maybe she'll back away and know we're not messed with." I explained.