Chapter 16.

The thing was, the Black party's seats, while definitely one of the best ones, weren't actually in the top box. That was reserved for the Bulgarian dignitaries, Crouch, Minister Fudge and his guests (which happened to be the Malfoy's), and the lucky Weasleys, who got such good tickets after Mr. Weasley did a favor for Ludo Bagman.

Really, Harry and Tom were only there before the game to let their friends show off a little bit. They were still young, after all, and top box seats such as theirs would make them the envy of their classmates.

And it wasn't even Harry that got them invited to sit at the top box in the end.

"Vell, vat a pleasant surprise to see you here, Marvolo!" The Bulgarian Minister of Magic greeted when the two of them entered. "Here to cheer for Viktor Krum, I presume? My children tell me the two of you are very good friends."

By him, the Cornelius Fudge spluttered indignantly, "You've been able to speak English this entire time?! And you let me make a fool of myself miming all day?"

"Vell, it vos very funny."

Tom, to his credit, didn't blink an eye. Harry wondered how the hell he got acquainted with the Bulgarian Minister in the first place, well enough for the man to call him by his first name. "Partly, Minister Oblansk. Harry and his family were gracious enough to invite me as well," Tom said, as he placed a hand on Harry's back. Harry inwardly rolled his eyes but pleasantly smiled back at the excited foreign Minister.

"Harry Potter!" Minister Oblansk enthusiastically shook Harry's hand. "Quite an honor! I had not known the two of you ver acquainted!"

"Not many people do," Harry said.

"It's nice to finally meet you as well, Mr. Potter." Fudge intervened, not to be outdone, and also offered a hand. From behind him, Draco made a gagging face out of his parents' sights as Harry politely shook it too. Neville slightly slapped the Slytherin on the shoulder as a reprimand.

Lucius, curiously, was intently looking at Tom with a complicated expression.

"Good to see you again, Harry," Lucius drawled, "And who is your friend?"

"Marvolo Gaunt," Tom grinned sharply, holding out a hand for Lucius to shake. "A pleasure, Lord Malfoy."

Immediately, Lucius very tellingly turned a bit pale. 'Abraxas Malfoy, you naughty man,' Harry thought gleefully, 'telling your son Lord Voldemort's secrets.'

"There hasn't been a Gaunt in decades," Lucius carefully said as he shook hands with the teenager and dropped it quick enough that it was almost rude.

"My father," Tom idly commented, "didn't carry the name. It was a bit of a surprise. More so than I was."

"Marvolo is Durmstrang's best," Oblansk hummed, casting a twinkling eye over Tom's hand still on Harry's back, "My daughter is quite enamored vid you, Marvolo, but I see I have to prepare her vor disappointment. Still, you and Mr. Potter are velcome to sit by me. We have much to catch up since ve last talked!"

"You know the Bulgarian Minister?" Draco later hissed as the adults mingled more.

Before Tom could reply, Fred and George cut in and echoed, "More importantly, you're friends with Viktor Krum?!"