Chapter 17.

It was August 29th when Tom finally had to leave for Durmstrang.

"You're such a baby," Tom said exasperated as Harry clung. "You know we'll see each other again sooner rather than later."

"I don't think you're actually supposed to know about that yet," Remus commented idly while he drank his morning coffee.

"It's cute how you adults think you can keep something like the Triwizard Tournament a secret." Harry grinned but didn't let go of Tom, instead poking him sharply under the ribs, "And I'm gonna still miss you, you prat, even if your feet is still ridiculously cold at night."

"I'm fighting a losing battle," Sirius mourned. "This is karma, isn't it? For all those times I fooled around at Hogwarts. Now my godson has picked up my bad habit of letting strange boys into his bed. Forgive me, James, for all that I have sinned."

Remus snorted, "At least you didn't get anyone pregnant."

.

Harry finally let go of Tom five minutes before his portkey was due to activate, albeit reluctantly. "You should stay here every summer until I graduate," He told him, smiling. "Remus and Sirius won't mind."

"They have warmed up to me considerably," Tom nodded. "But you know I'll have my family estate by the end of the year."

"I'll have you one way or another," Harry grinned, wagging his eyebrows mischievously. Tom looked down at him with an incredibly fond expression, and he should've seen it coming, really, but it was still a surprise when Tom leaned down and gave Harry a toe-curling kiss right then and there.

"Couldn't have anyone stealing that away before I could get to, could we?" Tom smirked before stepping away and disappearing with the portkey.

Harry, face flushed, sputtered, "that wanker," with a betraying grin on his face.

.

"Please tell me one of you is either good at transfiguring clothes, or know someone who does," Ron begged with a pained face when they all met up at their train compartment.

Harry looked at him sympathetically, "that bad?"

Then Ron showed them his dress robes.

"Oh dear," Hermione muttered, hand over her mouth in shock, "thats…"

"I'm pretty sure that hasn't been fashion in at least a few decades," Neville added.

Draco snorted. "More like a century."

"You could probably ask Lavender," Harry patted Ron on the shoulder. "She's good with fashion, isn't she?"

"Just let us buy you new ones," Draco insisted. "Those are beyond saving. It literally smells like someone's great grand uncle."

"My mum spent money on this!" Ron said indignantly, "I'm not about to let her money go to waste, even if it's completely hideous!"

"I'll look up clothes altering charms when we get to school," Hermione soothed Ron. "We won't need it for a while, will we?"