005. project with the wayne

Start from the beginning

nightwing immediately began typing on the batcomputer, trying to get more background information on the league of assassins pin. turned out it was much harder than they all thought, considering that damian was the best source they could get since he used to be a part of it. however, he didn't have much knowledge about it.

jason couldn't help either because he was in bludhaven right now. there was probably a slight chance he had a little knowledge on the pin, but since he was too busy, he couldn't be there to tell them what he knew.

standing next to the batcomputer with very little patience, damian huffed in irritation. "out of all the missions we've done, this is the most ridiculous. there's no way shiva did this."

"we don't know that, damian. this pin does belong to the league of assassins now, making it the new leader's responsibility. i'm a little skeptical about this, too, but for all we know, it could've been her or one of her assassins." nightwing said, doubting damian's conclusion, which made damian huff one more time and turn away.

"we weren't trained to leave dead bodies in alleys, grayson. something's not right, and until we have confirmation that it's not her, then I'm sticking to my claim." damian argued.

nightwing sighed quietly. he knew much damian  hated his past time with the league of assassins, and how he still struggled to cope with it, even after five years of being away from it. now his old life was following him again.

turning his gaze towards damian, he begun."look, little d. i know how...frustrating... this is to you, but i promise we'll get this done and over with as soon as we can." he was careful with his words, trying not to trigger damian with any bad memories.

damian only rolled his eyes and tutted. "don't make promises you know you can't keep." he muttered sternly under his breath, but of course his brother heard him. he also knew what damian meant. damian's past would never stop following him, and it was going to take a lot of time to get used to that. "tell father i'm going to my room. don't bother me."

damian wayne didn't want anything to do with the league of assassins. he didn't want anything to with the al ghul's anymore. he was experiencing a better life with better morals than he had with the league, but he just had to come face to face with them again. he wasn't supposed to be dealing with this. he just didn't want to.

whatever was going on with shiva and the league was just odd and unusual. damian didn't know shiva that well, but he did know that she wasn't stupid enough to kill with visible evidence lying around like that. the league was never that easy to find. and they were never obvious.

however, damian was just going to stop thinking about it until dick and bruce figured it all out. he didn't want to think of any of it. not the league, the pin, shiva—nothing.

he just wanted to escape it all.

      STORM AND TREVOR SAT ON THE SIDE of the stairs the sat in front of the main entrance while everyone else was either waiting for their ride or walking home with their friends. trevor was entertaining himself on instagram while storm had her head laid on his shoulder as she fiddled with her fingers.

"have i ever told you how my dislike for school partnerships started yesterday?" storm sighed.

trevor let out a light chuckle as he slapped his hand to his forehead. "yes, you have. twenty-one times in counting. it's only two weeks, storm."