005. project with the wayne

( oo5. project with the wayne )
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"YOU'RE SERIOUSLY TELLING US that one of your people traveled all the way here to gotham to hunt and murder someone? who the hell is controlling them." red robin groaned.

robin growled in annoyance at tim's words, wishing he knew how to shut his damn mouth. "ra's and talia are dead, dumbass. shiva's running the league now."

he took another look at the small piece that had the word 'strength' printed on there in arabic. he started to remember small moments of the pin from his past life with his mother and grandfather.

"how do you know it's from the league, robin?" batman questioned robin, who seemed to figure it all out.

"ra's carried a lot of these, and only passed them around to certain people. he never informed me on why, though. i didn't really think they were that important." robin responded with his eyes narrowed. what was shiva's motive? it was unusual for her to send assassins without a reasonable motive. the young man looked innocent. an even if he wasn't, she would usually handle the job herself. shiva was now a suspect for the puzzling crime, and batman was now onto her.

"it's settled then. nightwing and i are gonna be paying lady shiva a visit soon." batman decided.

nightwing rubbed the back of his neck before speaking up. "batman, how do we even know it's actually shiva? it's not like her to just hunt people down like this. there's something wrong."

"which is why we're going to question shiva. She may not have done it, but as of now, she's a suspect considering this pin falls under her responsibility." batman said, placing the pin somewhere so he could investigate it further later on.

robin also seemed to notice how strange it would be for shiva to kill someone without context. even if it was her, she wasn't careless enough to leave a body out in the open for people to see. even robin knew that wasn't how the league did things.

this was leaving the young boy with so many questions he needed answers to. he never knew those pins were still getting passed around the league of assassins after his grandfather had died. he immediately regretted not paying attention to those pins growing up.

robin had never thought they would be this essential to a case like this. it was almost like his past was continuing to follow him wherever he went. there was just no escaping his past life, no matter how much he tried to dodge it. now that those pins were now significant, he would have to look back to his assassin days with talia and ra's.

robin let out a sigh. "whatever, let's just get this over with." he said, looking away with his arms crossed.

batman nodded and turned towards nightwing. "nightwing, we leave tomorrow. help robin and red robin get more information about that pin tonight." seconds later, the batmobile began swerving towards batman's direction and some people had to move out of the way to prevent themselves from getting hit.

robin and batman shared glances for moment. it was one of those awkward moments of silence that became kind of normal for them ever since damian first became robin. they then looked back towards the batmobile.

"let me drive."

"no."

"i know how."

"no."

robin growled and went along his way with nightwing and red robin, and it wasn't long until they reached the batcave.