Halloween Special

HALLOWEEN SPECIAL!!!

Note: Is this cannon? I say YES, even though I smashed Pre and Post Timeskip together and it wouldn't make any sense if this was actually cannon. Oh yeah and due to reasons the handcuffs are off.

Ha ha, but the details don't matter.

---------------------------------

Doflamingo raised an eyebrow as Phoenix flew in with a large brown fanny pack around his neck. There was a lift to the fire bird's eyes as he watched him, amusement perhaps. The bird unzipped the bag with his golden beak, pulling out an envelope before chucking it at his face, taking off in a flurry of flames. Although annoyed by the bird's actions, it was immediately replaced with a bubbling excitement at the fact that he had received a letter.

Usually it was a message through a transponder snail or some sort. The King of Dressrosa eagerly opened the envelope, reading its contents.

Halloween Party!

Doffy!!

You've been personally invited to my Halloween Party on Kuraigana Island! If you decide to attend, please send a letter back so that I can make preparations on your costume. Please bring the family.

Or not, that's okay too I guess.

There was no sender, but it was quite obvious as to who had sent it. You. A chuckle escaped his lips as he reread the letter, fingers tracing your hand writing. Along the card were scribbles of pumpkins and black cats, and he felt his heart warm. Holding the card, a warm smile spread across his lips at the thought of you. Immediately, his hands went to his drawer to pull out a slip of paper, writing his response.

To my precious Princess,

Thank you for inviting me. I shall bring the family as you requested. I can't wait to see your cute face.

Love, Doffy

He paused. Was love a bit too bold? Who was he kidding he was the epitome of bold. Sealing the letter, he called for Monet on the transponder snail, who was conveniently visiting this week to relay some information.

A soft smile was on his lips as he thought of your precious little face. A knock at the door caused him to snap out of his little daydream. "Come in," he spoke, absolute happiness in his tone. The door opened to reveal Monet.

"Did you need something, Young Master?" He held up his letter with two fingers. She eyed it in confusion.

"I need you to send this letter to Kuraigana Island before the 31st." She nodded, taking it from his hands. She knew it was most likely from you, as Mihawk wasn't one to contact Doflamingo. Besides, she could tell how pleased Doflamingo looked by the soft smile that replaced his usual shit eating grin. At the same time however, she was confused.

"I understand, but... wouldn't it be simpler if you just called her?"

"She wanted a letter." He waved her off. "You are dismissed. I don't want to keep my precious princess waiting."

As he watched Monet leave with the envelope, a sigh left him, gazing deeply at the card in his hands. This will be a heirloom, a family treasure, back for generations to come. Yes it would have been easier to call you, but it felt different (a good different) to be writing you something. Besides, he supposed he wanted to humor you.