Chapter 2: Locked in a Library

Start from the beginning

I bolted up the stairs that led to the front door. Just when I was about to put my hand on the knob, it swung open. Terri stood there with a hand on her hip and my phone in her other hand. Tessa was standing behind her smirking.

Wish I would have landed on her instead of the bush.

Terri looked angry as she glared down at me from inside. "Ella!" She roared, her face slightly pink from what I assume was rage. "How dare you invite a stranger into my house without my permission! Especially when you haven't finished any of your work! You are not allowed to meet up with anyone outside of school! You should be ashamed of yourself."

I glared back at her, my blood beginning to boil. "Be ashamed of what, might I ask? Having a friend? Maintaining what little social life you let me have?"

Her eyes narrowed. "I don't know what you are talking about. You are to call off this 'secret meeting' you set up and stop talking to this girl immediately."

We had a staring contest for a moment longer until I snapped out of it and grabbed my phone. I turned on my heel and marched back down the street. I was almost sure you could see the smoke coming out of my ears. I was furious.

"Ella! Where are you going?!" Terri shouted.

"Out!" I yelled without looking back.

I heard her continue to have a tantrum behind me, but at the moment, I was too angry to care. This kind of thing happened a lot actually. She would get mad, which would make me mad and then I would either get kicked out until they needed me again or I would get double the work load.

One of these days, I am going to lose it because of those women.

-:-:-:-:-

"Seriously?" Marcy shook her head as I retold my story from earlier. Luckily, I had gotten to her house before she left. When Marcy says five minutes, its more like twenty. She's more of a procrastinator than I am.

And that's saying something.

We were sitting on her bed while I ranted about the two terrible Ts. I was on my back, my body splayed on the width of the bed. Marcy was sitting with her legs crossed on the corner. I stared up at the purple ceiling with a grimace as I replayed the events in my head.

"Yeah. So now I'm going to have to sneak through the backdoor. Again." When you live with the Tylers, you learn how to pick a lock with a bobby pin when you're locked out.

Marcy scowled at me. "There is no way I'm letting you stay over there. I doubt my mom would mind if you slept over."

I frowned. "I can't just-"

"Storm," Marcy warned. "You can. And you will. Besides, I know you don't really want to go back. So don't even try to argue about this." She sounded like she was scolding a little kid.

I huffed at her tone, attempting to hide my smile. "Well, if you insist."

My best friend grinned. I decided to change the subject. "So, Marce," I began. Her grin disappeared when she saw the creepy smile I gave her. "How are things going between you and Jack?" Marcy Has had a crush on Jack for a while now. He's a senior like us. I have been in a few classes as him, but I didn't know him like Marcy did, mostly because I've only been here since sophomore year. He seems nice. I know he plays basketball and baseball....That's pretty much it. But I see the two of them talking a lot, and I honestly think they'd make a great couple.

She glared at me. "Nothing. The same as last time you asked." She paused. "Stop giving me that face, you weirdo!"

"Oh come on! He doesn't have a girlfriend, he's cute, and I think he likes you."