Chapter 4

“Pretty much that your baby will bring death to all witches.”  I heard the familiar voice of Sophie Deveraux as I stepped into the bar.  “Ah! Well I grow fonder of this child by the second.”  Klaus said as i walked into the room.  “Just shut up Klaus.”  I growled at him, perching myself on the arm of the chair where Sophie was sitting.  “Heres the thing, I need you to unlink me. Now.”  I snarled.  “I cant! You need to wait until I have gotten wh-“ I cut her off.  “Sophie Deveraux, I think you forget who I am.  Im the Maison witch. Unlink me before I get really angry and kill you.”  Sophie let out a laugh. “You kill me? And you're out cold for half a century, and your baby dies.” She said pointing at my stomach.

“Look Sophie, I promised Elijah Id look after the Mikaelson-Maison miracle baby while he tries to win your witch, Davina’s loyalty.”  Her eyes widened and questioned us on how Elijah was speaking with Davina, you could say we were all slightly intrigued to here about this, oh so powerful witch, Davina.  “I wasn't always such an advocate for the witches.”  Sophie began.  “About 8 months ago I was behind the bar, partying like crazy.  Drinking.  My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts!  As soon as I turned twenty one i left the Quarter to travel, and play.  But i wanted to be a chef so I came back to Rousseaus.  On the day of my return my sister walked into the bar to congratulate me on my return but happen to break some news.  She said the elders had spoken and that they were going through with the harvest.”  My eyes widened,  “What the bloody hell is a Harvest?”  Rebekah spoke confused.  “Its a ritual.”  I said softly and Sophie nodded in my direction. “Our coven does it every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored.  We appease our ancestors, they keep the ancestoral magic flowing.”  Sophie explained.  “And why haven't I heard of this?”  Klaus asked looking between Sophie and I.  “Harvests always seem like myths.  Like why would anyone believe it?”  I said softly.  “The story was paced through by generations, like Noah’s arc, or the buddha, walking on water.  The kinds that peopl,e take literally, and some people dont.”  

Sophie began to tell us on how she never believed in the harvest.  They were preparing for the harvest, and she interrupted.  She announced on how she did not have faith and how everyone was ridiculous.

“They had the girls in our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the harvest.  They said that it was an honour, that they were special.  Me on the other hand, I thought it was a myth, one huge fat lie.”  Rebekah raised an eyebrow.  “Was it?”  And then Klaus’ phone began to ring.  I began to listen to the conversation.  

“Marcel, a bit early in the day for you isn't it?”  Klaus spoke cocky.  “I know I make this look easy but, I still have an empire to run.”  Marcel replied just as cocky.  “Rather you than me, all that responsibility seems like such a bore.”  Klaus lied through his teeth.  “Well this may spice things up.  Ive heard about a bunch of dead witches in the bayou.  The kind of damage a werewolf might do, only there was no full moon.  I have an informant out there I need to meet and I’d love for you to go there with me.”  My eyes widened as I looked over at Rebekah.  “Witches in the bayou?  Thats sounds more like a cause for celebration.”  Klaus said smirking at Sophie.  “Well something killed them, and they may still be out there. And with your blood, the only cure for a werewolf bite, I’d love for you to accompany me.”  You could almost see the smirk planted on a Marcels face.  I was in need of having to meet this vampire as I have not had the, uhm, pleasure of doing so yet.  “Ah why not?!  I haven't been to the bayou in ages.  Im on my way.”  Klaus said before hanging up.