Chapter 8

EMERALD POV

Klaus tapped a teaspoon against his champagne class.  His wicked smirk planted across his face as he looked around the dinner table filled with vampires. ''Lets make a toast to our shared gift, immortality.  After 1,000 years one might expect for life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish over time, but as vampires we feel more deeply than humans could ever possibly imagine."  He looked up at a group of humans standing to the left of me, dressed as waiters and compelled of course.  He signalled for them to move forward to the table, to stand behind each one of us amongst the table.  "Insatiable need, exquisite pain."  The waiters began to pull up their left sleeve exposing their bare skin.  A knife held in the left hand as I watched them slice into their wrist, leaning over they let their blood flow into a glass. Klaus held up his glass higher, "Our victories, and our defeats."  and I watched Marcels behaviour, straight face but I felt anger in his presence, I just couldn't figure him out.  "To my city! My home again, may the blood never cease to flow."  Klaus smiled as he saw Marcel raise his glass and say,  "And the party never end!"

"TO NEW ORLEANS" Everyone cheered as I sat there, still angry with Niklaus.  "I know some of you have questions about he sudden change in leadership but I am here to tell you that you should not be worried. This is a community of vampires."  Diego shot me a glare, "What about her, the wolf thing."  I raised an eyebrows,  "Excuse me, address me by my name and maybe you'll get some bloody answers." Klaus held his finger to his lips, "Shh Emerald."  He said as he walked towards Diego.  "Well if you had let me finish Diego, you would know that there is also one further matter that I would like to address.  As many of you know, Emerald is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her with the appropriate respect.  However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumour that I will use the blood of our child to create hybrids.  I assure you, I do not."  He said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.  There was silence amongst the table, nobody trusted Niklaus, and then he said something that shocked me more than ever.

"How can I create hybrids if there are no more werewolves in the bayou to turn?"

yooooooooo so quick update for the first time since what APRIL 18TH 2015 AND ITS NOW NOVEMBER 2016 OMRENC IM SORRY!!!!! should i continue or stop this? xx