Chapter 7

"She said she did magic."  Elijah said into the phone.  He was talking to Sophie Deveraux while I laid down in my bed, Hayley at my side with a cold cloth on my forehead.  "She said it was a brief pausing spell."  Elijah said and I closed my eyes as I felt a jolt of pain through my stomach, suddenly everything went black.

......

I awoke and groaned as I buried my head further into the pillow.  "Good you're awake."  I heard Elijah said as he walked into the room with Hayley.  "Why?  Why can I do magic?"  I asked sitting up in the bed and accepting the tea in Hayley's hands.  "You cant." Sophie Deveraux said walking into the house.  "Yes I can! I did it!"  I said confused and Sophie sat on the edge of the bed.  "The ancestors love you Emerald.  They admire you and they want to keep you safe. As you tried to cast the spell, the ancestors used their magic for you."  I let out a laugh.  "Ancestral magic?  I didn't cast an ancestral spell."  Sophie sighed.  "I know but as I said theres loopholes and the witches will do anything to keep you safe."  I raised an eyebrow at Sophie. "Then why wont they unlink me from you?"  I spat.

"Now where is Niklaus?  Bring him here, and get this one out of our house."  I said angrily as I pointed at Sophie.

ELIJAH POV

"You betrayed me, my own sister!"  I heard Klaus said and I ran into the room to see him pointing the dagger at Rebekah.  "Niklaus, dont you dare."  I hissed and Klaus let go of Rebekah and spun around to look at me.  "Well, perhaps it should be you, brother, stealing my child away with every fawning moment of tenderness you show to Emerald."  Klaus always thought Emerald and I had a thing, yet that wasn't true.  Emerald and I loved each other once, only Rebekah knew about this.  

~~~flashback in Emerald POV~~~

"Well now we have the map what do we do next?"  Rebekah asked.  "We don't do anything.  You cant be trusted little sister.  You'll be blabbing this secret to the first boy that calls you pretty. I mean its pathetic!"  Nik said chuckling.  "I mean its pathetic! Isn't it?  How she continues to hand her heart to any man that shows her a hint of affection. You would have thought she would've learnt by now from her endless cycle of disappointment and deception!"  My eyes widened.  "BUT I HAVENT! Instead I stay with you and let you take every moment of happiness from my life, you know at least I did better than Finn.  Klaus left him daggered because he was tired of his judgement!"  Rebekah announced. "No Finn was a dullard.  He was more interesting lying in a box." Nik said walking towards his sister.  "I don't even know how Emerald lives with you.  You're horrible.  You know Emerald feared you.  Did you know she fell for someone else and she couldn't go near him in fear of what you might of done.  She sticks around because she apparently loves you but you know what? I think she's got it wrong.  She could've done far better with bloody Kol.  Maybe mother was right when she tried to get them together!" My eyes widened.  "REBEKAH!"  I screamed and she looked at me with wide apologetic eyes.  "Who was this lad then?"  Nik said looking between us.  "It doesn't-"  Rebekah cut me off.  "You want this cure for Elena don't you? So you can go back to mass-producing your hybrids. Thats why you brought Stefan here because you knew he'd help you even though he hates your guts!"  Rebekah spat.  "Beks."  I warned.  "You know what? You can shove your cure."  Rebekah spat walking away.  "WAIT REBEKAH!"  I yelled."