Chapter XXXI

"Are we going to address the issue?" Namjoon muttered softly as he was lying beside Saranya.

"Are you sure that you want to?" She mumbled, not turning to look at him.

They both had passed the time away, not being sure if time was flowing or not, chatting like old buddies catching up.

Namjoon learned a lot of things about her. He was sure he knew almost everything about her due to him being aware of the connection between them and by hearing her stray thoughts. But he was surprised that he didn't actually know her but only knows about her problems.

So when he heard that she's an academic prodigy, that is, she ranked third across the nation while in school, Namjoon felt proud which Saranya was pretty fast to shot down saying that "School tests your memory not intelligence", he felt like bursting with joy at her smartassness.

He was even more amazed at her ability to speak six damned languages. It went like,

"That's so amazing! Even I can't speak more than three languages. You're like a super human!" He gushed.

"If you had the amount of time I had, you would've discovered treatment for cancer and brought world peace. And three of the languages I know were like mother tongue to me... So it's nothing much."

Then when Namjoon learned that she was actually going to be a doctor but flunk the exam purposely, he was confused.

"I know I shouldn't have done that but I was desperate for my parents to actually look at me and notice me. You know it was difficult with one sibling but then they needed to bring in another... And being the "not favourite" child does something to you... It makes you want to make them notice. I tried, tried by being the good and ideal kid... So it wasn't difficult to go down the bad road."

Now still stuck in the space, they both were trying to address the issue.

"No but... How long do you think we'll be stuck here?" Namjoon asked, knowing that she's as clueless as him.

"At least it's better than those endless timeloops... At least we're together." At least you're not enduring this alone. She wanted to say... But she was trying to keep her distance.