Chapter VIII

Again

I'll suffer,

I'll endure the pain,

If it means,

I can save you again.

~~~

The screen in front of him appeared dull. The mellow music playing in the background faded out as if irrelevant.

The words written down looked hollow.

He didn't understand what was happening with him.

He almost lost track of the times the number of time loops he went through. It's been too much for him, too many time loops for him to endure.

Luckily, he wrote everything down.

75 time loops.

That's how many times he failed.

That's how many times she successfully killed herself.

He understood that the universe wants him to save her but a thing that bugged him was, it seemed like anything set her off.

Like an atomic bomb, a moment going wrong would end up badly for her.

Being away from her didn't help the case at all.

He could barely hear her thoughts since she didn't really spent time thinking about stuff, he deduced.

Namjoon didn't understand how to feel and how to express it. It would've been better if someone could explain it to him.

He was thankful for having the bond but he would be grateful if he could comprehend it.

None of his band members had this bond, they considered him lucky.

If it hadn't been for her, he wouldn't have known that he is indeed lucky to have a soulmate.

It was the most hilarious moment of his life. Just when he thought that he was losing his mind with completely different set of thoughts, he heard her.

He had heard her cursing the nature for being biased and throwing all the women to fight the crimson war.

He suddenly understood that he has a soulmate. Thanks to his parents, who also were lucky, he put the pieces together.

The random thoughts.

The out of the blue whinings. Her whinings.

He wouldn't have believed the existence of such bond if he hadn't heard her.

Most of the people believed that the concept of soulmates is a myth.

Most of the time, the other half of the soul would be oceans apart. Or years apart to be considered appropriate by the society for having a relationship.

Not many people were destined to find their other halves. Not many people are fated to be together.

Many tales are shared throughout the generations, that the bond was not always made to bring people together but to help them.

Due to this complexity of the bond...

She wasn't aware that she had a mate.

That she had him.

That she had someone who's experiencing her pain, who's suffering along with her...

There was a sudden knock on the door which drew Namjoon back from his daze.

"Joonie? Can I come in?" Someone called out from the other side. "I gotta talk to you."

A/N:

I actually wanted to start off every chapter with a haiku but I don't have the flare for it like Apollo (I'm a Demigod - Long Suffering) to do so.

This fanfic is especially closer to me because of the sufferings and trials the characters endure.

I got the idea about this when I was reading some soulmate quotes and writing prompts.

Here's the one that caught my attention