01. rory kinda sus

Start from the beginning

Rory leaned forward in her chair, getting a better view of the chat so she could read what they were saying. She noticed one comment saying she should play with Talia again. Rory had been friends with Talia for a few years and both of their fans loved when they'd play together.

     At seeing the familiar name, Rory remembered the comment Talia had left on her instagram post. She picked up her phone and looked for Talia's contact. "That's actually a good shout. I'm gonna see if Talia has space for me to join," Rory said to her stream as she quickly wrote a text to Talia.

˖⋆࿐

     "Should we get one more?" Poki asked after one of their friends had just left the game. There was now nine of them and usually after someone left, they would try to fill the space.

"Uhh, I could try and ask someone," Rae said as she began to search her contacts for someone she could ask, but she soon stopped looking as Talia spoke.

"Rory's available," Talia said, noticing the text from her friend. She quickly replied, letting her know that they had a space free if she wanted to join.

Both Poki and Rae let out a small squeal of excitement over the idea. They had been trying to play with Rory for a while now and had even made plans a few time, but each time it had fallen through. They had never actually played together, but they did interact a lot online. "Yes! Get Rory!" Poki exclaimed.

Rory looked at the message from Talia and a smile grew on her face at seeing the invitation. She had no idea who Talia was playing with, but she just assumed it'd be Simon and the others that she usually played with. "Guys, I'm gonna play with Talia," Rory informed her stream as she loaded up her discord so she could talk to the others.

Talia quickly sent Rory the links and code for the game. Rory joined the discord group and could hear a few different voices talking that she kind of recognised. "Hi," Rory said, gaining everyone's attention. She continued to set up her game. Her display name was already set to RoryTheRacingCar so she just entered the code and joined the lobby.

The call erupted with noise as everyone tried talking at once. Rory recognised most of the names, but some of them she wasn't too familiar with. "When you said Rory was joining the game, I don't know why, but I was expecting to hear a guys voice," Sykkuno spoke up once it went slightly quieter.

Rory laughed at the comment as she was used to getting it. When some people saw the name Rory, they just assumed she was a guy if they didn't know who she was. They didn't know that Rory was just short for Aurora. It wasn't a big deal to her and it was actually a benefit when she played with strangers online because if they knew she was a girl, they'd tend to kick her for no reason other than that. That's what you get when you allow twelve year old boys to play video games.

     "I'm so glad we finally get to play with you Rory!" Poki said in an excited tone. "My chat is going crazy right now."

     "I know! I'm very excited, but I will warn you all ahead of time that I am probably the worst imposter in existence," Rory stated, giggling as she heard Talia burst out laughing.

     "That is true," Talia commented. "Are we all ready?" She then asked, seeing if everyone was ready to start the game. Rory opened her mouth to reply but was cut off as a very deep voice answered.