BONUS - Leah's POV

Start from the beginning

As the rest of them slowly settled back down, all with tooth-decaying treats in hand, I patiently waited and idly wandered my gaze out the window. The view of the school's sports grounds sprawled out below, some of the fields occupied by teams already. From here, I could see people milling about, throwing stuff and kicking around other stuff. I recognised the soccer pitch just outside as the sun blazed down with the afternoon heat - the last lingering vestiges of summer before autumn took hold. It seemed to be the girl's team practising today.

Hmm. I felt the corners of my lips turn up, ever so slightly, but more genuine than any other as of late. A fleeting thought. About a girl I bumped into only just a few minutes before. It was just a thought. But it was one that didn't seem to want to drift away...

"Leah."

I jerked my head back to the room and snapped out of my daze as I saw Samuel looking at me expectantly. "Hm?"

"Should we start?"

"Right!" I exclaimed and sat up straight, nodding to him, the vice-president of the council. "What do we need to go over today?"

The brown-haired boy looked over some notes in front of him as he chewed on some chocolate. "A lot today. Planning for the upcoming dance. Budgets for the other clubs. Oh, that one's important. The estimated amount we allocated to them last time needs to be altered, especially after the funding we gave to the 'chill' room accidentally went over-budget. The pool table was a big expense - we probably went too 'all-out' with that..."

I hummed and wrote down notes of my own as I bit on the stick of candy in my mouth, pressing down the urge to groan out loud.

Damn it, this meeting's gonna be one of the long ones...

_______________

"Alright, we'll talk over the more minute details next time. For now, that'll do. I guess that's it for today, thank you for coming guys."

Murmurs and chattering went around as we packed up the laptops and papers. I got my bag and was about to walk out with the others when I felt the buzzing sound from within. We left as a group and I hurriedly fished out my phone and glanced at it briefly. Realising I'd gotten a text from two people in the last hour, I checked them and saw one from Lena reminding me about our early dinner together, and another one from Blake with just a few words.

Blakeee - you wanna hang at my place?

I frowned, pursing my lips slightly. To be honest, even if I didn't have to meet up with my sister today, I still wouldn't feel like going. Good that I had an actual excuse though.

Le - i can't today. i'm eating out with my sister.

Blakeee - just come over after.

Well, he was insistent. I knew what he had in mind, and really, I just wasn't in the mood for it - and hinted as such. Just with different words.

Le - not tonight babe. i've got tons of work to do. another time?

He didn't reply right away so I just left it at that for now, waving goodbye to the others as we exited the building and went our separate ways. I got in my car and set a course for my aunt's place. Lena had insisted we eat at the coffee shop, prompted by the guilt of not having visited Aunt Jemma in so long.

As I drove my way there, I couldn't help but become slightly annoyed about the short conversation with my boyfriend. He just couldn't see between the lines, of the few lines there were to begin with. I've realised it has been like this more and more often lately and I just didn't know what to do. The insistent words, impatient demeanour - I just didn't know.