BONUS - Leah's POV

A/N

I don't know if anyone has come back to read this, but if you have, I luv youuuu. I know guys, it's been a bit of a wHiLe since I last posted and it took me a bit to get back into the groove of writing, but here it is! All I hope is that you'll enjoy it and appreciate just another dip into this story's world again :)

This pov from this chapter has been one I've wanted to write for SO LONG. I hope you like it my bubs <3

_______________

Leah's POV

"This is great work, Miss Bennett. I can always count on you to bring in the best works of the class, and promptly too."

I smiled politely and nodded at Ms Parry as students trickled out of the classroom. It really wasn't anything, just the worksheet all done and finished. Given everyone else was taking it home as homework, to my teacher, this was exceptionally impressive. But not really.

"Ms Parry, before I go, I wanted to ask if I could have the next lesson's homework to do instead." The woman looked at me, confused. I scratched at my ear sheepishly. "It's just that I'm trying to get ahead of schoolwork before more heavy assignments get piled on. I have a lot of things to focus on now and it'll only get more intense. So, is it okay if you give me the next lesson's work to do? I've already read the chapters about it, so I'll understand the concepts."

I bit at my lip and watched as she deliberated. She finally hummed with agreement. "Alright, I can do that. Just let me print out the assignment and you can have at it," my chemistry teacher smiled brightly - a rare sight in itself. I really was her favourite student; it was obvious to tell. And I guess I didn't mind it, not when the benefits made things more convenient for me.

I shot her another smile and waited, awkwardly rocking on my heels as she did something on the computer before handing a freshly printed paper to me.

With a final quirk of the lips, I left the classroom in quick strides as another little weight dropped onto my mental pile of things to be completed.

"Okay, deal with this later. Eh, actually, it's not too bad. Probably will get it done in an hour..."

I mumbled to myself, eyes focused on the page as I walked down the now dwindling hallways, the only ones that remained being the stragglers and members of after school clubs or players with sports training. So much to do, so much to do! And I had to get it completed by the end of the week, latest. Sometimes, just seeing all of the tasks laid out in front of me was overwhelming, but I knew with a certainty that things really will get worse by the next month. All I could do was prepare myself.

My feet took me to my locker to pick up a certain special bag, then I was off to the second-floor meeting room that would hold our student council gathering.

"Hey, y'all!" I greeted enthusiastically as I pushed the door open to see everyone else already here. I got 'hellos' and smiles in return, and especially so when I dumped the bag I held onto the table, tipping it over and spilling out the bountiful of snacks contained within.

"We love you, Leah," Catherine cried out as she instantly tore open an Oreo packet and stuffed a cookie into her mouth. Everyone else got out of their seats and gathered around the bag to pick out their treats to munch on for the duration of the meeting. I picked out my own snack from the rapidly disappearing pile and nibbled on the red stick of candy as I sat comfortably at the table's head chair.

I'd realised a while ago that these meetings weren't always fun to attend, even if they were essential. So I figured, what better incentive was there than sweet, sweet candy-hm, maybe ice cream. But I couldn't exactly keep that in my locker.