24|| Heartbreaks and Hormones

HOLY MOTHER FREAKIN CRAP GUYS!! 10K?!! IM FLIPPING MY SH*T!

Bubs, I can't express enough how grateful I am to have you guys reading my story and coming on this journey with me. Like, 10K reads? I had sarcastically set that goal when I just hit 1K, thinking it wouldn't be achieved at all, let alone this quickly. Thank you for making me so happy, really.

I want to dedicate this chapter to a few special readers that have kept me going with their support-
everythingisaid smartreader193 ialwaysneedsleep chillpickleyyyyy chloekhloechloe Hanieh-M ireppl3 vivian5489 chelseabooks235 eatingtheavocados QxeenNish

Your votes and comments have motivated me far more than you may think, and I just want to thank you guys for your support and helping me reach this far. Thank you to all the readers for getting this story to this milestone. Now let's go for 100K!! Lez do dis.

Enjoy this one ;)

______________

The anger wasn't what made my heart stop. No, it was far worse.

Her beautiful hazel eyes glittering with unshed tears as the heart-breaking pain shone so sorrowfully through; that was worse.

My mouth opened to speak, desperately attempting to erase the pain from her eyes. But it was almost like someone had a hold over my throat, as not a sound could escape. I didn't have the chance to explain.

It was when she started to turn away that I felt my functions come back into my control. There was no thought that stopped me as I snatched my hand back to my side and started my rush down the few steps.

"Leah, wait!"

She didn't spare a glance back as she pushed through the crowd with a hand covering her face.

I brashly shoved my way through as I tried to reach her, ignoring all the protests that barely registered in my mind. They didn't matter. She did.

Leah made her way out of the house through the back door, and as I was about to follow with, someone came into my way.

"Aly! Where you going? Let's take that shot!" Hayley enthusiastically suggested, blocking the doorway, oblivious to the situation.

I urgently looked around her at the direction Leah went. "Not- not now, Hayley."

Pushing past her, I exited the warm, crowded house and was welcomed by the freezing air. My eyes desperately darted around, scanning the backyard and the grove of nearby trees that the huge property contained. I spotted Leah's retreating figure there, her quick pace putting as much distance between us.

I ran in that direction, ignoring the looks the few people lingering outside had shot at me. The cool air rushing into my lungs reflexively made me cough, but it was soon ignored as I rapidly closed the distance. As she entered the treeline and went deeper, I quickened my pace even further, my legs moving into a sprint.