04. Don't worry about the destination

I think this was the night I slept the least in my whole life. I lost count of the time I spent looking at her after she fell asleep, observing her smile, wanting to enter her dreams to know what made her so happy, what made her remain in that state of absolute calm. Watching her sleep so peacefully, I was transported to a similar state... How was it possible for a person to transmit so many good things just by looking at her?

Well, yes, this is Valentina, a person who radiates light through each of her pores. She is beautiful... no doubt about it, any human being with two eyes can see that. But it is not just that anymore... her aura, her personality, there is something about her that for some reason has been deposited and now resides within me, something that nothing or no one has ever achieved before. Every second she burrows and clings even tighter... If this is how I feel after only knowing her for two days... What will happen tomorrow? How far will these feelings go?

"Has inspiration returned?" She asked, managing to startle me.

My thoughts interrupted, I turned to look at her with a smile. I was glad to see her awake... my heart, as always, sped up its rhythm and my stomach decided to join in a joint revolution. Sometimes I wondered if my body could withstand such a fuss for a long time without causing side effects.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked before she thought I had gone dumb.

"Yeah..." stretching her arms and moving her neck slightly. "As well as you can sleep here. What time is it?"

I looked for a second at the clock on the computer screen, which was open next to me, "Seven a.m."

Her eyes widened as she looked at me incredulously.

"Seven in the morning? How long have you been awake Juls?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I don't think I slept more than three hours."

"Three hours?! And you are awake like it was five in the evening? Was the inspiration so sudden that you couldn't wait for a decent hour to develop your idea?"

"If you're referring to the inspiration for my book, I inform you that it continues to be as lost as in recent days!" I said amused, looking at her face between drowsy and astonished.

"So, what are you writing?" She pointed to the pen next to the paper that I had been looking at minutes before.

"Oh... this... it's actually yours."

"Mine?"

"Yeah... I was bored..." I hesitated, worried that she might be upset. "I noticed you had been writing a song and... since you were still sleeping... I continued it... sorry."

Her face remained serious for a few seconds, making me wait forever. Perhaps the boldness on my part had bothered her. I admit it wasn't right... I shouldn't have even read the page. But I couldn't help it, and as soon as I read it, the words flowed one after another, making me remember why I loved writing so much.

Without saying a single word, she rose from her seat and quickly sat down next to me, grabbing the page, while I remained uneasy.

It took her just a few seconds to read it in its entirety. When she looked me straight in the eye, my nervousness from before multiplied infinitely simply for having her this close and still not knowing her opinion.

But all those internal tremors and anxieties disappeared when her lips drew that special smile that made me melt.

"It's beautiful, Juls. I imagined you had talent but... this is..."

Relief immediately washed over me, my body relaxed and I was finally able to release the breath I had been holding.

"I just continued what you had started." I added shyly. "Do you really like it?"