Chapter 112 Invasion

As Maple was walking straight towards them, she stepped on one trap after another.

However, none of them were the least bit effective.

They did trigger, but they were nullified by her overwhelming defense power.

“They really…don’t work…”

Marx had wasted enough traps to kill dozens of people. He was at a loss for words.

However, Marx did have some traps prepared that were specially chosen for Maple.

“Got you…!”

As Maple stepped on that trap, plants started to grow all around her.

The plants wrapped around her arms and legs and prevented her from walking.

Traps like this that hindered your movement were more effective on someone like Maple, whose mobility was already lacking.

It would require quite a bit of damage to destroy them, but Marx had judged by looking at his own skills, that Maple too must have some kind of limitation.

He didn’t think she could so easily use heavy skills over and over again. And if she happened to use them here, it would be easier for Mi to fight her later on.

Marx had already accepted the fact that he would likely die here. And so he didn’t care if Maple used her skills on him.

“Huh…?”

However, he had not expected that Yui and Mai would obliterate the powerful plants in just one hit.

“Huh…? Are you serious?”

More and more traps activated, Maple took the damage, Yui and Mai destroyed her bindings and they continued, little by little, without getting hurt.

“Misery!”

“Yes!”

Under Misery’s command, a volley of magic with piercing effects shot at Maple and the others.

But magic attacks from that distance would not easily deal a lethal blow.

Still, it forced them to try and evade the attacks. And that would buy them more time.

Maple and the others could not move forward like they wanted to.

She would step into a trap every time she tried to dodge the magic attacks, and with Maple, the damage she took when the piercing attacks coincided with her being bound by the plants, was tremendous.

Their invasion would have been much easier if Maple was able to escape the plants by herself.

“Sally’s advice…yes.”

Maple took in a deep breath and called out the name of a skill so that Marx could hear it. And then she continued in a quieter voice that he couldn’t hear.

“‘Weapon Growth’!…”

The arm that was holding a shortsword became covered in metal, and then it turned into the shape of a sword that was as long as Maple was tall.

Sally’s advice.

If she ever became desperate, she should disguise ‘Machine God’ and hide the main gunfire ability.

She swung her sword arm around and shredded the plants that held her.

Maple always managed to get out of any predicament, which made her the most dangerous enemy.