vi. UNWANTED THOUGHTS

CHAPTER SIXunwanted thoughts

CHAPTER SIX
unwanted thoughts

   THE SHAW GIRL was sitting while she ate slowly the food Tewksbury made, completely oblivious of his gaze placed on her, that seemed like it wouldn't part if he didn't need to.

The night washed the field with darkness, it being ripped by the golden fire Enola made. Florence actually enjoyed the taste of the mushrooms, and even if she didn't, she would have to because it was their only option for food.

Her hair was in a loose bun with loose strands swaying now and then thanks to the soft breeze that embraced them, tickling her cheeks and neck.

She was the last one to eat because in the very first moment she didn't feel hungry at all, she made the other two eat their food saying she'll wait a little bit more. Enola told her she would accompany her once she decided to eat, but the Holmes girl already fell asleep a few steps from the ginger on top of some leaves and her vest as some kind of pillow.

The glasses now were on top of her head, because the fire made them foggy and caused her to see literally nothing.

Florence looked at Enola with a smile, but worried in the inside because of the thoughts about what could possibly have happened if she made a wrong calcule or if the man caught them, she wouldn't forgive herself if something happened to the brown-haired girl. Florence Shaw would give her life to save Enola, with no doubt.

Florence then looked to her other side to meet the lord's eyes which already were on her, (unknowingly blushing) her gaze landed then on his long hair. "Don't ya think, I don't know, that you should cut it a little bit? So people don't recognize you so easily," she asked with a little smile but talking lowly so she wouldn't wake up the sleeping girl that was a few meters from them.

He picked a branch from his side and started fiddling with it. "To be honest, I've never cared about it," he shared with her sincerely.

She thought about it for a moment and went to take out the knife she had in her boot, Tewksbury looking at it in surprise. "I should've imagined you'd cut it with a knife," he muttered with an almost imperceptible smile, his features acquiring an ethereal tone thanks to the silver moonlight and the warm fire light.

She finished with the little meal and started looking for a rock around until she found one so she could sharpen the knife, which already was sharp but a little bit more of sharpness wouldn't hurt at all.

She started sharpening it, getting little sparks and this time aware of the gaze on her. "Who taught you how to sharpen like that?" he inquired amused.

She smiled to herself, giving him a brief look to continue to sharp the blade. "Her mom," she referred to Enola. "She taught me literally everything I know, a brilliant human," she sighed pursing her lips.