i. NOWHERE TO BE FOUND

CHAPTER ONEnowhere to be found

CHAPTER ONE
nowhere to be found

THE AIR WAS fresh entering her nostrils as she stared tiredly at the ceiling, finding the pale color more interesting than actually standing up and doing something productive. Her blue eyes wanted to flutter shut, thanks to going to bed at three in the morning because of the book Eudoria gifted her was worth enough for some sleep deprivation.

She was almost melted against the mattress, wrapped between her covers when her eyelids were almost meeting each other, she heard the light footsteps of someone, by the rhythm she swore it was Enola. She sat on the bed, stretching with some of her bones creaking.

The door swung open, revealing her sister's frame with a notorious frown upon her face. The redhead yawned sniffling a little bit, but frowning at Enola's not usual demeanor.

"What's wrong, Nola?" her voice came out just as a morning voice would be.

Enola was pacing in their shared room biting her already short nails. Florence yawned again and sat with her feet touching the wooden floor. She waited a moment and stood going to where Enola was pacing, taking her shoulders and looking at her questioningly and asked again. "Enola, what's wrong?" she looked straight into her hazel eyes.

"I've been all morning looking for mom, she's not here, she just left and I-I don't know what's happening," she stammered under Florence's gaze.

"How come? Did she leave? H-How?" she blurted, her arms falling to her sides biting her lip. Eudoria wasn't someone to leave just like that, she wouldn't leave them just like that.

Florence's mind starting thinking about every kind of possibility, she could literally feel the gears working in her head. Her blue eyes met Enola's one more time before the brown-haired girl engulfed her in a hug. And then Florence remembered something very important. "Today's your birthday, Noly. Happy birthday! You're sixteen now! I'm still older than you by one year, you know," she tried to lighten the mood hugging her sister tighter, something she returned.

"Thank you, Flor," she chuckled and they parted, and just when Florence was going to say something else about Eudoria she just stopped, keeping it for herself so she could think about it better.

Enola gave her a little smile, but she knew her, how wouldn't she? She had known her for all her life, in fact, Florence arrived the Holmes household a year before Enola was born, so practically she was her older sister, more than her own.

   "It's insanely late, I stayed up reading the book she gifted me," Florence mumbled.

   "I know, and if I were you I would start dressing, lunch is almost ready," she said with a smile, Enola just walked out of the room with her heels clicking the floor, she was worried as hell, so worried about Eudoria. Where would she have gone? Why she would leave them just like that?