iii. WORDS TINGED WITH LIES

CHAPTER THREEwords tinged with lies

CHAPTER THREE
words tinged with lies

   FLORENCE DECIDED SHE would not give Mycroft the pleasure of seeing her sad, that's why she just cried until she didn't have more tears left to cry, feeling, to her surprise, better. Going out of her room with a hard face with slightly swollen eyes to dinner.

   The redhead had never been someone to just spit her feelings, she was quite reserved in that matter, and it would stay the same. Because she definitely would not tell Enola she cried until her head hurt in the bathroom, muffling her sobs with her towels.

   The air seemed to be dense to breathe when she was eating silently, the only audible sound being the clicking of the forks and knives against the white plates. She didn't even bother to look at the brothers, because she knew the sadness she drained that day in the bathroom would come back in anger. After that, she just left to her and Enola's shared room, laying on her bed not even noticing when she fell asleep.

      And there she was again, her blue eyes glued to the cream ceiling, she just woke up an hour ago, thanks to Enola, who decided to wake her up early to talk about Mycroft's words, telling her she was her sister, making her tear up and hug her tightly like they did when they were younger and naive, that made her feel better, really. But there still were the sour and unwanted thoughts, that she actually didn't belong. She also shared with her the conversation she heard between Sherlock and Mycroft last night after dinner. Mycroft wanted to send them to a boarding school, there wasn't way in hell she'd go to a boarding school.

   She looked at Enola's back because she has been looking out of the window for the past five minutes. Until she heard a machine-like sound and got up and peeked over her shoulder. "What you looking at?"

   Arriving at their home, was a not-so-old woman with what seemed expensive clothes, talking to the first place of her «Most hated people» list. "He's definitely crazy," the Holmes muttered.

   Florence frowned, then squinting her sleepy eyes. "Don't tell me that's..."

   Enola nodded slowly. "She is, and now I know why you despise him so much."

   "Welcome to the club, Noly," she said sarcastically.

   Enola didn't have the time to laugh at that because the door blasted open, and the woman they saw was now in their room, looking at them with a disapproving and hard face. Thank god Eudoria gave them those kinds of looks and weren't afraid of them in the slightest.

   She scrutinized them with her eyes as her assistant started measuring them, she was beyond uncomfortable. First Enola, the woman literally laughing at her sizes, which was incredibly rude. Well, everything about that situation was rude. She even told Enola she'd need an amplifier.