ii. LILAC STAINED CHEEKS

CHAPTER TWOlilac stained cheeks

CHAPTER TWO
lilac stained cheeks

   HONESTLY, FLORENCE HAD three options. The first one, she could jump off the carriage to avoid the awkward situation and Mycroft's complains about their appearance; the second one, she could push Mycroft off the carriage and sit as nothing happened; and the third one, she could stay with her mouth shut and only opening it when he talked.

But she wasn't that crazy to follow the first two impulses, so she had to chose the third option. She swore that steam was getting out of her ears and her hair was redder, but how could we blame her?

She was just a seventeen year old with some anger issues when she was in front of the oldest Holmes sibling. And her cheek was already hurting.

Enola was smiling to her brothers, even after Mycroft's stupidness rising at its midpoint, the carriage shook now and then thanks to the irregular path they were crossing, it was clearly annoying for the redhead who had her legs crossed as well as her arms, looking at everything but the people in the carriage.

She preferred to look at the horse's butt.

And it wasn't like she was pissed at all of them, because she wasn't, well, she was. At Mycroft for basically being Mycroft, at Sherlock for practically just staying quiet every time his older brother said something negative about them, and at Enola for practically idolizing Sherlock. He clearly was a talented man, and like she said he was her third favourite Holmes and everything, but that didn't quit the fact he also left them and didn't send a letter to her mother for months and sometimes a year, you don't do that to someone who had raised you to be a "good" man.

Her daydreaming got vanished thanks to a voice. "Oh. What the..." Mycroft sighed. "Oh, dear God, look at the house."

Florence looked behind her, seeing how they were slowly approaching their home. Enola gasped mimicking her action. "Isn't it wonderful?"

"Yes, it is the house your parents raised you both," she looked at both of the males. "And the same house you both left years ago," Florence said calmly.

"What the hell she's been playing at?" she heard he muttered, but this time she rolled her eyes.

The carriage entered the residence, it stoping to shake since the ground was regular this time, the nature welcoming them like it always did as well as the chirping birds.

Her sky-blue eyes wandered around, her gaze staying on the house. Yes, it had a lot of climbing plants around, but it gave it a fairy tale vibe. One in which she, deep down, wanted to believe she really was part of.