11.

She awoke in a bright room, closing her eyes again with a groan at the light

She awoke in a bright room, closing her eyes again with a groan at the light. Her throat was dry, her whole body hurt, and she felt as if she had been run over by a truck.

She slowly opened her eyes again, her father crying out in joy before pressing a button. "Liv? Liv, honey? Are you awake?"

"Dad?" Olivia murmured, looking into her father's concerned face. "Where am I? What happened?"

Leonardo frowned. "Jason got out of prison and he found you, sweetie. He came to our house while I was at work and waited for you, until you got home with Kim. You tried to kick him out, but he didn't, so you got into a fight and he, he hit you. Luckily, Kim called Paul and he brought Sam Uley, Jared, Embry, and Jacob with him to help. They called an ambulance for you and beat up Jason."

The memories of the day flashed through Olivia's mind like a movie, the memory she had of the night of the party, getting home with Kim, going into the living room and seeing Jason, going upstairs to convince him to leave, him beating her and banging her head against the wall, Paul arriving and beating Jason unconscious, Sam coming in and stopping Paul, Paul running out with Olivia behind him, Paul turning into a wolf.

She lingered on the final memory, her father continuing, taking her silence as shock and fear. "Now, don't worry, Liv, we've taken care of Jason. He's not back in jail yet, they're holding him in his hotel room while his lawyers negotiate the terms of his arrest and trial, but he won't come near you again, we have a restraining order and if he violates it, he immediately goes to jail again with no trial." Leonardo rambled, Olivia distracted.

A nurse came in, cutting the man off. She went straight to Olivia, beginning to check on her. "Welcome back, Olivia, how are you feeling?"

"Horrible. My body hurts, and my throat is dry." The nurse poured her a cup of water, smiling.

"Don't worry, I'm here to help. I've got some tylenol for you, it won't take all the pain and discomfort away, but it'll do enough. We don't want to give you something heavier, we know about your substance abuse in the past."

"That'll do." Olivia took the Tylenol, looking at the TV. "How long have I been out?"

"One day. You have quite a group waiting for you, should I send them in?" The nurse wrote something down.

"Yes, please. Dad, can you let Paul in first?"

Leonardo nodded, smoothing down her head. "Whatever you want, sweetie."

"I'll walk you out." Leonardo and the nurse left, leaving Olivia alone to plot. She wasn't sure what to say to Paul, or how to react to him after seeing what she saw. It was strange, the idea of Paul being a kind of monster. She didn't know how to bring it up.

"Livs, you asked to see me?" Paul popped his head in the room, Olivia cursing herself for not focusing on a conversation starter. She nodded, Paul fully stepping inside and closing the door behind him.