Chapter 7

Charisma

We stood there staring at each other for a few seconds. I was praying that she would say yes. I have dreamt of this moment for as long as I can remember. The moment to finally see my sister, my twin.

"Fine." She said rolling her eyes. "Let's go back to my room though."

We walked side by side all the way to the elevator in complete silence. When we stepped on the elevator we still hadn't uttered another word to each other.

When the elevator stopped, she got off first and took the lead. We walked a short distance before she stopped in front of a door. She pulled out her key card and opened the door.

She stopped me. "Wait here a second."

I just nodded my head as she walked inside and closed the door behind her.

Was she coming back?

I hope she didn't have second thoughts on talking to me. That would be so messed up and to just leave me out here would be worse.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by the door opening up and a guy standing there.

"Oh my God!" He said as he stared at me.

" I told you I wasn't playing." I heard Carmen say behind him before she pulled the door further open.

"I just knew I was about to get on your ass for waking me up but I think I would have been pissed to miss this shit." He said excitedly. "Come in girl!" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me in the room.

"Now how the hell did this happen?" He asked looking between me and Carmen.

She began to tell him the story and I watched him eat up all the details she told him with excitement.

"Damn that's crazy." He said shaking his head. "My bad, I'm Christian but you can call me Chris. What's your name?" He asked me.

"I'm Charisma. Are you her boyfriend?" I asked.

He and Carmen looked at each other for a second before they erupted with laughter. I was confused.

Chris wiped the tear that fell from his eye before speaking. " Girl nawl, I love the D. We're just best friends."

"Just best friends? We closer than that. He's like my brother really. I couldn't get rid of him if I tried." Carmen answered.

"So on a serious note, what did you want to talk about?" Carmen asked getting right to the point.

"I just wanted to let you know that what my, I mean our, parents were telling the true. They did not give you up for adoption. You were kidnapped."

"I just can't believe that. I mean it shouldn't have been that hard to find me if that really did happen." Carmen said with an attitude.

I sighed. "Do you have a laptop here?" I asked.

She pointed to the breakfast bar where her laptop was sitting. "Yea, why?"

"Since you won't believe me I will just show you."

I walked over to the laptop and opened it. It was already connected to the resort's wifi so I went to Google. I typed in, the disappearance of Carmen Alexander and waited for the links to come up.

As they came up, I looked behind me to be sure Carmen was looking. She was, with Chris right beside her.

I clicked on the first link and the story I had read so many times came up. I slid the computer over to her so she could read it for herself.