Chapter 6

Rashad

My heart was beating so fast and my hands were so dense from the sweat. It seemed like everything was in slow motion as I walked to the door. I could hear the muffled sounds of people talking but my heart was beating so loud in my ear that I couldn't hear them.

I reached for the door handle, waiting to see my daughter standing on the other side.

I opened the door and my heart fell to my feet. It was only room service. 

"Good evening sir. I'm delivering the two double chocolate sundaes that you ordered." The young guy said with a smile. 

I sighed. "Thanks." I said taking the tray from him. I reached into my back pocket, pulled out my wallet, and handed him a few dollars for a tip. I forgot I let the boys order dessert before Raymond came into the room. 

I closed the door behind him and sighed turning around.

"Damon, Devin!" I yelled. 

They came running into the living room. 

"Yes, it's here!" Damon said. 

"Here." I said as I gave them each their sundae. "And don't make a mess!" I yelled after them as they ran back to their room. 

I walked back to my seat and sat beside Destiny who was shaking.

"Will somebody tell me what is going on." Charisma said as she looked around the room.

Just as I was about to speak there was another knock on the door. 

Karma

I knocked on the door awaiting it to be open. After a few seconds the door opened. There stood a guy who looked to be around Denise's age so I figured it was her boyfriend. 

"Hi, I'm Karma, Denise's cousin." I said extending my hand for him to shake it but he just stood there staring at me with an shocked expression on his face which made me feel a little uncomfortable. 

"Hey cuz." Denise said as she pushed him out of the way. 

"Hey D." I said. 

"Look Karma, before you come in here I need you to be very open minded and promise not to run away." 

I looked at Denise like she was crazy. What was so important that I needed to be open minded? 

"Uh, sure. But can I ask what's going on?" 

"I think it's better if you see for yourself." She said softly as she moved to the side. 

I walked into the room and it went bone silent and all eyes were on me. I saw a woman and man staring at me with tears forming in their eyes and what seemed like a girl around my age with her back to me.

She started to turn around. "Ray who was th-." She stopped when she saw me and we stood there staring at each other eye to eye.

I was so confused. " Wait. What's going on here?" I said as I finally stopped staring at her and looked back to Denise. 

She walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "Well you knew you were adopted right?" She asked. I nodded my head yes feeling myself getting angry. "Well this is your family, but it's more complicated than you think."

I let go of her hand. "No it's not complicated at all." I said looking at the girl who looked just like me. "They got rid of me but kept her!" I yelled as I turned around to walk out the room. 

"That's not true!" The older lady yelled as she stood up. 

Denise grabbed my hand to keep me from running away. "You promised you wouldn't run. Just listen to them please. I'm here for you 100%."

"Fine. You have five minutes. Go." I said folding my arms. 

The girl who looked like me just stared at me with a shocked look on her face but I could honestly give two fucks. She was the one that they decided to keep so in my mind I'm like fuck her too. 

The man besides the woman stood up and began to talk. "First off, we did not give you away. You were taken from us." He said catching my full attention. 

"There is no way I was taken from anybody. My mother adopted me when I was about seven or eight months old. Don't make up false excuses for not wanting me." I said getting angry again. 

"That's not true." The older woman spoke up. " I would never give you up. I went through so much having you and your sister. I almost, no I did, die trying to have you. I don't know what you've been told but you were taken from me, from us." She motioned around the room. 

"Well I know my mother, and I know she would never do something like that." I stated defensively.

"I'm not saying that it was your mother who took you. She may have adopted you from a fake adoption agency or something. I don't know and I don't care. I'm just care that you are finally coming back home to me." The woman said with tears falling down her face. 

I scrunched my face up. " Coming back to you?" I questioned. "Lady I do not know you. Why would I be coming home to you?"

"Because I am your mother and this is your father." She said pointing to the guy beside her, 

"Ok your time is up. I can't deal with this right now." I said turning to the door.

"But Karma wai-!" Denise started.

"Wait for what? I don't give a damn what they say. I have a wonderful mother who would never do anything to harm me. Why would I want to be with them? I don't know them and I see bullshit in everything they are saying." I sighed. "I just need some time." I said as I walked out the room with the sound of pleas for me to stay behind me. 

Charisma

The whole time she was talking I couldn't bring myself to let a word out. There she was. My other half. 

I saw her making her way out the room and I couldn't just let her walk away like that.

Everyone was pleading for her to stay but she walked out anyway.

I finally found strength to move my feet and I ran out behind her.

"Wait!" I yelled grabbing her attention.

"If you don't listen to anyone else, just please hear me out."

Author's Note: I know it's kind of short and I meant for more to have been written but unexpected things came up.

Do you blame Karma for being mad like she is?

Will she listen to anything Charisma says?

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE lovely people!