Chapter 3

Karma

"Wow this place is beautiful." I said to no one in particular.

It was so beautiful here. I looked around at everyone walking and they looked so at peace.

When we got up to our suite I was even more amazed. It was drop dead gorgeous in here.

"Ok listen up girls, and guy." My mother said making sure to include Chris. "Make sure you keep your phones on at all times. We have never been here before and I don't want anyone getting lost or abducted or anything like that. Check in with me every now and then but try to stay together as much as you can. Oh, and be sure to use condoms. As good as these men look, you don't know what they have."

I groaned. "Really mama?" Denise and Chris just laughed behind me.

"Yes really. I hope ya'll saving yourselves for marriage but you know how you kids are these days. Better safe than sorry."

I couldn't do nothing but shake my head. I loved my mom but sometimes she could be to open. We always had a close relationship and I could talk to her about anything. She was a gynecologist and she saw plenty of women coming into her office with a STD or young teenagers coming in pregnant.

Me personally, I was afraid to have sex. I heard it hurt like hell for a while before it starts to feel good. Anybody that knows me know I hate pain so that's a no go for me.

"That goes for girls too. Use some kind of protection if you are going to mess around with them."

I ran my hands down my face. "Again. Really mama? A girl thinks she like girls when she was 15 and she can never live it down."

Like I said before, I tell my mother everything. When I was 15 I met this girl names Andrea at the mall. We got to know each other and I found myself attracted to her. We started to date for only a short month before she moved away. My mom knew all about it and she accepted it whole heartily. She never judged me at all. I guess that is why Chris loves being around her so much. Even though his parents accept him, they aren't as open for him to come to talk to them as my mother is.

I guess you can call me bi-curious or something in that lane. I love men too. I just wasn't trying to get into nothing serious or have sex anytime soon.

Denise laughed. "Aunt Tonya lets stop before this girl fall out of embarrassment."

"I'm not embarrassed!" I tried to argue, but as hot as my face was, I knew I was red.

"Uh huh. Well I am going to meet up with Raymond for a minute. He and his family got here a hour ago. Call me if you need me." Denise said as she walked towards the door.

"Ok honey be safe." My mother said as she was walking out the door.

She pulled the handle on her rolling luggage and headed to the door.

"Mom where are you going?" I asked.

"Girl my man is coming. You know we can't be in the same room as ya'll right?"

My mom had been dating this guy Sean for about two years now. He was so perfect for her. He would wine and dine her. He would buy me things too which gave him extra points in my book. I just loved the way she would light up when he came around.

I really loved the fact that he never tried to boss me around like he was my father. It was no secret that I was adopted so I never questioned where my father was or my birth mother for that matter. If they could give up a cool chick like me then fuck em.

"Call me if you need me. I'm just in the room next door. For this first day only call me for emergencies. I haven't seen my baby in a week so we have some catching up to do." She said with a wink.