Chapter - 4 - Long Live The King

I'm sorry doesn't even begin to cover it, I just re-read all my other chapters to refresh my mind on this story. And in my last authors note I mentioned that I was doing my GCSEs, well now Ive got my A-level mocks next week so it's definitely been a while.
~~~~
I wrote that authors note then didn't do any writing. Well life update since then, I've dropped out of school.
~~~~

"Merlin couldn't harm you or Camelot. You honestly believe that Merlin... Merlin?... is going to destroy Camelot and all its people?" Gwaine moved towards the sorcerers facing Arthur. "And Mordred, Mordred couldn't look more innocent!"

"How many people knew!" Arthur panicked.

"That depends..." Merlin started.

"Depends on what?" Arthur demanded.

"Depending on whether you are going to kill them for not handing us over to the guards the second they found out." Merlin wasn't going to say any names unless he knew that the people who knew about him would be perfectly safe. Arthur still hadn't responded, "Well?" Merlin was waiting for an answer.

"I. I don't.. I don't know what to say. This goes against everything I have ever been taught. My whole life sorcerers have been evil, but both of you couldn't possibly be evil and yet you are both sorcerers. Lancelot was right you have only ever done things for the good of Camelot, I couldn't imagine you ever wanting to harm the kingdom or its people."

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Gwaine interjected, due to his protection of Merlin and Mordred being ignored.

"Yeah sure, Gwaine was right too, I guess." Arthur continued.

"So does that mean you won't tell the King when we get back to Camelot?" Mordred asked sweetly.

"No I won't because we all know what that would mean for the both of you. Although it will be difficult for me, I've never lied to my father before." Arthur answered him.

"That's a lie." Merlin laughed.

"I've never lied to him about something this big before."

"That's also a lie, Mordred literally wouldn't have made it past the age of 12 if had never lied to your father about something this big before."

"Merlin?"

"Shut up?"

"You guessed it."

The return of the regular Merlin vs Arthur banter cause them all to laugh, defusing the previous serious atmosphere.

Merlin and Mordred told them stories of magic until Merlin started to fall asleep half way through his sentence.

The next morning they rode home to Camelot and told no one of what had happened on their trip, well apart from Merlin telling Gaius, of course.

They all work together secretly to create the new laws allowing magic back into Camelot and the plans to make Merlin court warlock, though the latter needed a bit more encouragement.

When Uther died it was a sad day for all no matter how much trouble the man had caused them throughout their lives. A week later Arthur was to be crowned the new King of Camelot.

Arthur first act as King was to law down the new laws on magic and make Merlin his Court Warlock and adviser. Surprising many members of the court were not as against the new laws as they had predicted. Many of them had agreed with Uther and his rules all these years out of fear for the lives of themselves and their families. So therefore for the meeting didn't take as long as planned, before leaving they all rose and applauded.

"LONG LIVE THE KING!"

~~~~
And it is finished!!! Finally!
I am so sorry for my terrible/lack off updating. This last chapter is quite rushed but I just wanted to finish the story for all of you because I know if it wasn't the last chapter it would probably be another year until I finished.

Thank you for reading and sticking with me!
I love and appreciate all of you!
Byeeee!!!