Chapter 22

I'm gonna try something new, a different perspective.

××

Narrator's POV;

A week had passed ever since Connie had gotten a job at the supermarket in town. Usually, one can get the hang of it after a day or two, but things were awfully hard for Connie to grasp. And now, she is being lectured by the manager.

××

Connie's POV;

I stood in front of her, praying that this lecture will be over soon.

"You can't do anything right? Why are you so stupid?" She yelled.

Ouch, don't need to be THAT harsh right?

"I'm sorry, mdm." I mumbled under my breath.

××

Narrator's POV;

The manager raised her index finger. When she was about to scream at Connie, the door swung open, saving Connie big time.

The manager looked confused and angry as she gave her assistant a deathly glare. Her assistant cleared his throat and wiped off his cold sweat before he spoke.

"The new trainee is here," With that, he quickly bowed and fled the office while the new trainee walked in with a bow. By institution, Connie turned around to see who it was. To her surprise, it was someone that she was absolutely not expecting.

It was Riley Gray.

She gasped in shock as he walked over to stand beside her. The manager's frown turned into a smile in a flash at the sight of Riley.

××

Connie's POV;

"Welcome to the team, Mr Gray." The manager smiled and shook his hand.

"No, thank you for having me." He smiled back.

Why is he here?

"Mr Gray, your first task is to help pack those the goods that got shipped in this morning. Ms Colls, go with him and help him." We both nodded and I led him to the storage. The storage filled with boxes that were just shipped from the factories.

Riley helped to shift the boxes onto the cart while I took note of the number of the labels. I wrote it down on a piece of paper as Riley pushed it out of the room. Once we reached the cereal section, we opened the boxes and began to restock the cereals.

"I'm going to grab a ladder." I said, leaving to take a ladder from the equipment room. I grabbed 2 penknives from the shelves and shoved them into my pocket. I put the small step-up ladder on the floor in front of the shelf of cereal. I handed him a penknife as I noticed him struggling with the tape on the boxes.

"Thanks," He took it from me and cut open  the tape. I stepped up the ladder and began to restock the cereal on the top shelves. 

Who knew restocking goods can be so tough? Especially those on the top.

Suddenly I felt hands on my waist. Shocked, I turned my head and saw Riley holding onto my waist.

"Wha-"

"You're showing too much." He mumbled and looked at my shirt. It was torn. The tear was really big that my bra under my shirt could be seen. I blushed and looked around. There were many guys standing nearby, eyeing my bra, obviously. I step down immediately and hugged myself.

No wonder it felt so cold..

×Narrator's POV×

The embarrassment made Connie's face red as she tried to cover herself up. Guys of different ages were staring at her, mainly her bra. She felt even more embarrassed as she was wearing a lace bra and she could sense the sexual tension around her. It felt like the guys around her were raping her with their eyes.