Chapter 26

×Narrator's POV×

The journey home was awkward. Really awkward. The guilt that Connie felt was overwhelming. She kept blaming herself for not being able to trust her boyfriend like how he did.

She had her head down throughout the way back. Randall stared at her and shook his head. He laughed and held her hand tightly, reassuringly.

Once they reached the front door, Connie sensed something was wrong. She dig out her keys and quickly unlocked the door. The minute she opened it, three different pairs of shoes were at the doorstep. One of them was unusually familiar. Chatter could be heard from the living room. A mixture of voices and one of them sounded like.....

"Dad?"

Connie entered the living room, only to see her mother, sister and a man's back facing her. The mystery man turned.

"Dad!"

She ran towards her father's open arms and hugged him tightly. She couldn't believe he was actually here in person. She missed his voice, she missed his hugs, she missed him.

"Connie, sweetie. Look at how much my cute daughter has grown!" He exclaimed as he held her cheeks, smiling. The family was reunited after so long. It felt like such a dream come true.

"Erm. Sorry to interrupt," Everyone turned to Randall who was being temporarily forgotten. "Where should I put these?" He held up the groceries.

Mrs Colls took the bags from him and told to go into the living room. Everyone sat down. The atmosphere was awkward as Randall was being eyed by the father. Connie quickly explained that Randall (the clear outsider in the father's eyes) was her boyfriend.

"Boyfriend?"

"Yes, I.."

"So, what's your name?"

"Randall Jacksons."

"Okay, Mr Jacksons. Tell me when is my daughter's birthday. Her favourite colour. Her first game she played."

"21 June. Black. Pokemon."

Connie nodded. He was correct. After a few more questions, her father laid back and smiled. He nodded approvingly, saying he does know Connie well.

Connie decided to switch on the television, hoping to get rid of a bit of the tension. Unfortunately it was the sports channel and a soccer match happened to be on-going.

"Oh man!" Randall sat up straight and began to cheer. "GO WESTERS!"

Mr Colls also sat up and had his eyes glued onto the screen in seconds. "So you are a westerners too huh? Cool man." Both of them began to cheer for the same team, booing when the players miss a goal, cheering when they scored a goal.

Jasmine stood up and went to the kitchen. Connie followed suit. She wasn't a fan of soccer like her dad anyways, but its nice to watch them bond.

Mrs Colls had already began to cook. In fact, she had already finished one which was left in the microwave so it won't get cold.

"Mum, need any help?"

"Ahh, yes. Help me get those vegetables over and add them in slowly." Mrs Colls was currently making stew and Connie did exactly what she was told. She added the vegetables into the pot slowly as her mither stirred it.

"Jasmine, be a dear and coat the chicken breast with flour." Jasmine put down her phone and began to coat the chicken with flour. Connie was then told to help her sisters so that dinner would be finished by the time the game ended.