Chapter 28

-Randall's-

I messed up. I messed up real bad.

I examined the paper Connie had threw at me. Why did i ever agree that stupid bet?

It happened before i met Connie. One of my friends wanted to see if i could live up to my reputation, 'Randall Jacksons could make any girl fall heads over heels for him.' He said if he would give me a thousand dollars if i made the first i took interest in mine. I had to prove it by making her fall in love with me and declare her love for me in public.

And i accepted. There was no way Randall Jacksons would reject such a bet, especially when my pride is on the line.

I moved into the Colls' household after a few days the bet was made. My first encounter wasn't what i had expected. I was greeted by Connie Colls, this nerd in my class and apparently, she only has a towel covering her naked body.

Damn. I knew immediately who my target was going to be. I want Connie Colls.

I tried seduced her in many ways, like letting her see my upper body as much as possible and getting close to her to make her nervous.

But, nothing was working. She just wasn't interested, she only had eyes for that other guy, Riley.

I was beginning to regret picking such a difficult one as my target. She wasn't very pretty, neither was she gentle, but somehow after spending time together, i started to develop feelings for her. Everything started to feel more than just a challenge.

She caught her best friend kissing the man of her dreams. I could have just taken advantage of the situation and make her fall for me instead, but i couldn't bring myself to. So, I took her to my comfort spot which i discovered after my previous girlfriend cheated on me.

At that moment, when our eyes met, i realised i had already fallen for her. Basically, Connie was more than just a target. She was someone special and I didn't just want to make her fall for me for a stupid bet. I wanted to make her feel that same way i felt for her.

Love.

A few days later, i followed her out when she went meet her friend. I was just worried for her to be out alone at night. As i waited for her outside the diner, i called Blake up. I told him i wanted out. I couldn't do the bet anymore.

I lost.

I had to pay him a thousand dollars and abandon my reputation that i spent years to build but i didn't care. All I wanted was Connie. I wanted this love to be based on a fresh beginning, starting now.

But now, everything is over. If only i had remembered to throw that paper away, or come clean from the very beginning. Would it have been the same?

What an idiot i have been to hide the truth from my love and now I've lost her, the one who loved and cherished me for who I'm.

Connie wouldn't see me no matter how much i banged on her door. The side of my fist was bruised but the physical pain was nothing compared to the emotional pain i have caused her. I leaned against the door and all i could hear was the soft sobs coming from my dearest Connie.

I've hurt her.

Tears of regret trickle down my cheeks. I would get on my knees and beg for forgiveness but i knew that a terrible person like me should never be forgiven.

Please forgive me.

I stepped away from her door when the sobbing grew soft. I slowly turned to walk to my room. I glanced her door once again.

I had no right to continue disturbing her. I was the one who broke her heart. All because of me, because of my stupidity.

I'm so sorry.