Chapter fourteen

Talia followed after the eldest King, after his angry outburst at his younger sister. Edmund grabbed her hand before she could quite reach him, "Where are you going?" he questioned.

"I have had enough of your brother's attitude. How dare he speak to Lucy or Caspian or me like that?" she replied, pulling out of Edmund's grip and returning to follow after the High King, leaving Edmund behind her.

"PETER!" she shouted. "Peter! Reveal yourself!"

"What do you want?" Peter spat.

"I thought your name was Peter the Magnificent?" she looked him up and down, "I see nothing magnificent about you. You speak cruel to your sister, and crueler to those who were just trying to help and advise-"

Peter interrupted, "how dare yo-"

"No! I have dealt with many men like you. You will let me finish. Just because a crown decorates your head doesn't mean you sit higher than any of the rest of us. If you wish to continue with your plan about invading the castle, you will not ignore Caspian and I's advice any longer- we know more about that castle than any of the rest of you. You may fight well, Peter, but if I catch you talking like that to Caspian or Lucy ever again, I will not hesitate to challenge you."

"Is that a threat?"

"Are you an idiot?" she said, before walking out of the old tomb.

---

"What did you say to her?" Edmund demanded of his brother.

"What did I say to her? You should've heard what she said to me!" Peter retorted.

"Let's be honest you probably deserved it, Peter."

Caspian rushed over as well, "Where did she go?" he demanded.

"I'll check on her." Edmund declared.

"I think she would rather see me." Caspian challenged.

"I'm not sure that she would rather see any of you." Susan added, joining into the conversation.

"Well, we can't just let her wander out into the night." Edmund spoke.

"I'm sure she'll be able to protect herself." Peter spat, before turning to return to his generals, "Caspian are you coming? I heard that you wished to be more involved in the discussions." he called back.

Caspian looked between Peter and the direction of his runaway friend. "Go." Edmund ordered, "I'll see if she's alright." And Caspian followed his orders.

Edmund left the tomb of the Stone Table in search of his missing friend. He too was angry at his brother for his earlier tone, but he also sided with Peter in the matter of discussion- invading the Palace was the only way they stood a chance.

---

Talia sat on the outside of the tomb, on the stone steps near the top; from her position she could see right over the forest, she could see the whole of Narnia, and this comforted her slightly. She felt awful for the way she spoke to Peter, she hated getting angry like that. The girl also pondered over what Aslan had said to her in her dream, his statement brought back memories of Trumpkin, Trufflehunter and Nikabrik's hushed conversations about her, their small statements that challenged everything she thought she knew about herself. Perhaps there was more to her? To her family? Was she more than just an evil Telmarine?

She heard a sudden noise to her side. Her hand fell onto her sword, whipping it out of it's scabbard. The girl stood her ground, sword raised. She heard the sound again and raised her weapon in its direction.