Epilogue

"Pari! Come on homework time" Qirat called Pareesa her 9 year old daughter. Pareesa was the eldest child, she had two younger brothers (Arif, aged 8 and Bilal, aged 5).

Pareesa has taken after her father in looks but behaviourally she was just like her Phupo Falak; gentle and sweet but somewhat demanding. That's right the girl hardly took after her mother, which at first used to annoy Qirat but when her sons took after her she felt compensated for.
Arif also took the looks of his father, but his antics were just like his mothers; fun, bubbly and prank loving.
Bilal on the other hand was fully like his mother; his eyes, nose, mouth all of him. He was the baby of the house and was used to being pampered by Pareesa and the poor child sometimes became victim to his elder brother. The much Arif loved Bilal he hated being the middle child.

Right now, Qirat sat on the floor of the boys room with all her children. They sat surrounding the coffee table. Pareesa and Arif indulged in homework whilst Bilal did some colouring. Qirat was helping them with homework every now and then. Pareesa managed to do her work efficiently by herself but Arif seemed to be distracted easily, so he was getting the eventual scoldings. When Qirat saw that the two are doing their work well she picked up a few colours and decided helping Bilal instead.

"Asalamulaykum" came the voice of non other than Zaakir who stood at the door.
"Baba!" The kids screamed and jumped up from their position and attacked Zaakir.
Qirat followed the children and stopped at a distance seeing them attack her husband.

(Greetings)

(Father!)

Zaakir saw her and distracted the kids "look downstairs what baba has got for all of you". And it was that easy they all ran downstairs.

He placed his arm around her waist pulling her closer "Asalamulaykum".

"Walaykumasalam...ajj jaldi agaye"  she said ruffling his hair.

(Hello, You're back early today)

"Hmm apki yaad arahi thi" he said sniffing her hair.

(Hmm I missed you)

"Rehndein bus... meri yaad huh" she moved out of his hold.

(Ahi leave it.. Missing me, sure)

"Babah!! Arif se khaye pink wali bike meri hai" Pareesa came running complaining to her father. She dragged Zaakir with her to get Arif scolded.

(Dadddd!! Tell Arif the pink bike is mine!)

"Baba dekhein"

(Dad look)

Zaakir gave Arif his infamous silent glare.
"Uffo abh ese bhi na ghoorein mere bache ko"
"Aur beta pink wali bike aapi ke he na..wo girls ki hoti hai"  Qirat said, who followed the father daughter.

(Oh common, don't glare at my child like that)

(And darling the pink bike is your sister's ok..it's for girls)

"Lekin muma pink wali bari hai. Zyada fast chaleygi. Aur wese bhi me bara hu" Arif reasoned.

(But Mum the Pink one is bigger!! It will go faster. And Im a bog boy now)

"Mumma!!" Pareesa whined.

Zaakir gave Arif the slightly more stern look now. He didn't like how spoilt Arif is becoming, he always got what he wanted and Zaakir didn't always approve.