Chap 19 - An angel

"What happened..?" Zaakir demanded after seeing his wife who had been weeping non stop since he walked into the house after a tiring day.

She felt a mixture of emotions; happy, scared, shy all this was making it hard for her to speak.
"Common I'm tired ..just tell me already"
His frustration put her off even more.
He saw the change of expression on her face and he immediately softened his tone again.

"Jaan common" he coed her placing a hand on her cheek drawing circles with his thumb.

(Love common)

Her weeping had shallowed. She sniffed "I uh..us I mean we..I uh..I'mpregnant" she said the last part very fast. He stilled he didn't know if he heard it right.
"You're you're what?"

She hid her face in his chest.
"We're pregnant? As in pregnant?..tell me jaan"
She nodded in confirmation. And his lips widened with a full smile, eyes beaming with joy.
"Alahamdullilah. Jaan why are you crying this is good"

"I don't know it's just scary"
"Do you not want a child yet?" He asked dreading if the answer was no. But still asked.

"No it's not that I don't want a baby but what if I can't be a mother properly I mean like I know nothing about babies and how will I .."

"Shshs stop worrying it's our first baby I'm sure you'd be an amazing mother. And well not to brag I'm sure I'd make an amazing dad ..I've been raising you so we're good" he said the last part being goofy.

And she hit him on the shoulder for teasing her. He giggled and then resumed to his slightly more serious tone "It's all going to be ok jaan" he said pecking her forehead.

"Ok now wipe these tears or my baby will be worried" he wiped her tears and placed a hand on her abdomen.

—-
A happy yet tantrum-full pregnancy had come to an end. 8 and a half months of mood swings, minor arguments and allot of love was now finally being payed off.

"Aap kahan jarey ho ..? Khabardaar joh kahi gaye" Qirat warned, holding onto Zaakirs wrist with both hands.

(Where are you going??... Don't you dare go anywhere!)

Her body felt weak laying on the hospital bed. The contractions were coming and going and the pain increased every time. Holding his wrist on both her hands she glared at him in the eye, trying to threaten him but he could clearly see it was fear in her eyes, she didn't want him to go anywhere right now, he knew she needs him with her all the time now.

"Kahin nahi jaraha jaan. Apki ijazat ho tho paani peelu?" He dramatically asked with puppy eyes.

(I'm not going anywhere love! If you permit, may I drink some water?)

"Aishh" she winced as another contraction passed through her, she dug her nails into his wrist. And he sat right back down on the seat next to her bed forgetting about the water.

"Mujhse na is waqt mazak na karein!!" She said responding to his earlier fanatic question. She was preparing to lecture him further for the umpteenth time about how she is the one who has to give birth, but the doctors entrance stopped that.

(Quit joking with me right now!)

"Hello, let's see how far along you are" the doctor said coming further into the room. And settling on the stool foot end to Qirat. It was the 5th time the doctor had done this so far. At first Qirat had gotten really embarrassed and threw a fit for Zaakir to not go near that end of the bed.

The doctor checked her and Qirats discomfort was evident on her face. "It's time." The doctor announced. She also said some more things but the couple zoned out, they stared at each other, the excitement of their baby coming to the world causing them both to smile with tearful eyes. They joined their heads, preparing each other for what's to come.
——
A long hour of crying in pain was instantly forgotten when the baby girl was placed on her chest. Zaakir stood close admiring his wife and new born angel, still to scared to touch the gentle baby. He had given the adaan to his daughter just a few minutes ago and couldn't help but tear up seeing how fragile and cute she is.

He then looked slightly up seeing his wife's face in such a peaceful smile even though she had just been in such pain just a while ago. He placed a kiss in her cheek to get her attention, which didn't seem to leave from the angel on her.
"Hmm?" She asked finally looking up at him.
"She's beautiful" Zaakir said stroking his wife's cheek.
Qirat slowly nodded in agreement, still not having enough energy to speak.

"That's it no more children. I can't see you go through that pain again" he said looking at his weak wife.

"No! I want at least two more" she said, suddenly gaining some energy. The mood swings haven't gone yet he realised to himself, and chuckled at her antics.
"Haha acha. Then shall we start trying tonight?" He mischievously winked at her.

"Meri beti ke samne esi batein na karein" she said diverting her attention back to her baby.

(Don't say such bad things in front of my daughter)

"Humari beti, jaan" he reminded. Admiring his wife and daughter. And she blushed.

(OUR daughter, love)

They felt peace in the comfortable silence surrounding them and prayed for the new life they had brought into this world. Wishing for them to be as happy as they are right now, forever.
But it doesn't work like that; ups and downs were still to come in their life, but just knowing they had each other to face such situations also bought a certain satisfaction to them.

——

A/N;
So guys, finally this story has come to a wrap too.
Hopefully y'all liked it.

Not that my writing is great but I realised my writing gets worse towards the ending of a story lol. I needa work on that more.

I have a another story I've begun to write, called RANJISH and it's kind of based on the story of a person I know ..so I think that's kinda cool cz it's a reality lol and I'm kinda excited to write it out fully. Do give it a try.

Also, thanks for all the reads, votes and comments. It's really motivating and well feels good to see 💛🙏.

Hopefully I can come back with at least some improvement. Till then. Bye bye Inteqaam, looking forward to see y'all in RANJISH. 🤓

Ciao,
@kababmehadi
KMH