The Christmas Ball(Part 1)

It was Christmas on the Island Of Sodor, and Sir Robert Norramby, the Earl of the island, decided to hold a Christmas Ball at his seat and home, Ulfstead Castle. That morning, the controller of the North Western Railway, Sir Topham Hatt came to Tidmouth Sheds, a 14 berth roundhouse which was home to the 14 best engines of Sodor- Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon, James, Percy, Toby, Emily, Nia, Rebecca, Rosie, Molly, Gina and Mavis(in this story, Cherry is not a Steam Team member, because she is a human, not an engine), who were known as the Steam Team.

Sir Topham Hatt:(happily)Merry Christmas, Steam Team!

Whole Steam Team:(wearing their snowploughs)Merry Christmas, sir!

Sir Topham Hatt:(smiled)Listen up everybody, since today is Christmas, Sir Robert is going to hold a Christmas Ball at Ulfstead Castle, and what's more, you will be sent to the Steamworks to get decorated and painted because you are all invited as guests of honor!

The Steam Team whistled and cheered, making Sir Topham Hatt and their drivers laugh.

Sir Topham Hatt:(chuckled)I am really happy for you, Steam Team, but you must not cause any confusion or delay before you go to the Ball, understand?

Thomas:(on behalf of the Steam Team)We won't cause any confusion or delay on Christmas, sir.

Sir Topham Hatt:(separated the jobs to the Steam Team and left)

Later, Gordon and Rebecca pulled the Express to collect the guests of the Christmas Ball; Edward, Henry and Molly collected food and supplies from Brendam Docks and delivered them to Ulfstead Castle; Nia worked at Sodor Animal Park with Rosie and Gina's help; and Thomas, Percy, Toby and Mavis ran the Ffarquhar Branch Line together. Soon the Steam Team finished all their jobs without causing confusion and delay, and they went to the Steamworks to get decorated and painted.

Victor:(smiled kindly)Hello Steam Team, are you all coming to get ready for the Christmas Ball?

Emily:(excited)Yes, Victor, can we be painted in our Best Decorated liveries? We really like them!

Victor:(happily)Of course Emily-(sighed when he heard loud crashing sounds)Kevin!

Kevin:(embarrassed because he fell onto the ground)Oops! Sorry boss!(Everyone laughed)

Victor:(ordered)The Steam Team need to be decorated and painted! Bring the workmen some paint please!

Kevin:(giggled)Ok boss!(brought the workmen large cans of paint)

Henry:(the workmen began to decorate the Steam Team in their Best Decorated liveries)Victor, Kevin is very hardworking, cheerful and loyal, mustn't you be too hard on him?

Victor:(sighed but smiled)I know, Henry, but the problem is that Kevin is always like that, if he's less clumsy, that would be better.(Soon the Steam Team's liveries were finished, even their snowploughs had the Best Decorated patterns)Alright, Steam Team, you're good to go.

Whole Steam Team:(gratefully)Thanks Victor! Thanks Kevin!

After a while, the Steam Team arrived at Ulfstead Castle just in time when the Christmas Ball had begun, everyone was amazed by the Steam Team's Best Decorated liveries, including Sir Robert Norramby and his three private engines, Stephen, Millie and Glynn, who were known as the Ulfstead Crew.

Sir Robert Norramby:(happily)Welcome, Steam Team, you all look amazing!

Rosie:(giggled)Thank you sir.(puzzled)Uh sir? Who's that rich man over there?

Sir Topham Hatt:(stood besides Sir Robert Norramby)Mr. Benjamin Lau(Cherry's father)of Earth 1 is expanding his business throughout the Multiverse, and yesterday he and his family have just moved here on the Island Of Sodor, and I am sure all of you will be delighted to meet Mr. Lau's daughter!(he and Sir Robert Norramby left to chat with the Duke and Duchess Of Boxford, Mr. Percival and Mr. Duncan)