Unmasked Ch.32

Começar do início

“Yeah, the school is now going to be under a lock down.”

“Are you still having the ball then?” George asked.

“Thankfully, I'm still able to have it. After all, it's not like my dad can usually say no to me.” I opened the guest room door. “You can stay in here. I would let you stay in the hidden room, but I don't think anyone will come tonight or for a few days. Most of my dad's followers will be searching for Harry and the others, which means this house is the safest place to be at the moment. Just tell me if you need anything,” I gave him a hug.

“Of course, Abby. Good luck tomorrow.”

“Thanks. I should be getting to bed, I'm exhausted from today.” I gave a small smile before heading toward my room, leaving the two to talk about whatever.

As soon as I got to my room I collapsed on my bed, falling asleep immediately. Sadly, all the stress through the day got carried into my night.

Dream/Flashback:

“Now onto book three,” I mumbled under my breath, opening another book and laying it down next to the other books that were already opened and tagged with sticky notes so I would remember where the important information was. Not that it mattered, everything seemed to be sticking in my head.

A knock echoed from my door and I could hear Lucius' voice coming from the other side of it.

“Abigail, you should come out of your room. You've been in there for days now and hardly come out anymore.” he sounded concerned, but after I had found read the letter my dad had left me, I didn't really care.

“I'm fine in here!” I called back, trying to ignore him, but he continued to knock on the door.

I was so tired of interruptions. For days they had been trying to get me to come out of my room to do more than eat, but I needed to read these books. He had left them for me and I wanted to know why my life was like it was. I couldn't understand why he had left me. For years I had asked Lucius and Narcissia about my dad and in each story they talked about how he had been introduced to the dark arts and how this had made many people admire him.

No matter how many times they had told me this, I knew that most people had hated him and were afraid of him; most were glad he was now gone. The letter he had left me helped me understand what had happened to my parents and although it made me angry I realized that I had to look past it in order to continue on with my life.

“I'm not joking around Abigail!” he said, this time I could tell he was aggravated, mainly because his wife was forcing him to come get me out of here.

“I”m not coming out!”

“Then I'm coming in!” he slammed the door open and stared in shock as he saw all the books laid out on my bed. “What are you doing?”

“I”m busy, now leave!” my blood was starting to boil as I saw he wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon.

“I think you should get some fresh air or something.”

I couldn't help myself as I began feeling lightening sparking at my fingertips. My air was beginning to spark as well. “I suggest you leave now, I'll come down when I want to.”

His eyes widened as lightening shot toward him and different items in my room began to whirl around the room and being thrown at him. In the center of the room was me and the books that seemed to be glowing around me. It was as if I was channeling them and I couldn't help but fell drawn to the pages my father once went through long ago.

As the power went through me, I felt as if I was becoming stronger and closer to him. Everything seemed to change around me, but then it stopped. Something was blocking me from it, but I couldn't see what was causing this.

“I'll just leave so you can cool off for a while.” Lucius quickly backed away and almost ran away from my room, shutting the door behind him.

I hadn't even tried to do something that big before considering I was only 8 at this time. It was at this point in my life that I realized that I was more powerful than I realized and that ias going to have to be careful because at any point my anger could take over and I wouldn't be able to control anything.

End.

I bolted up from sleep, sweating bullets. I looked to my side and saw that George was awake and was holding me close, rocking me some what.

“It's okay,love, it's okay.” he kissed me forehead, noticing that I was trembling as well. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, I'm fine,” I said, a few tears escaping as I thought of that day. That was the first time I lost control, it was the day I could have easily killed Lucius, but something had stopped me. That day had always haunted me because from that day on I had always had trouble keeping myself away from all the evil that surrounded me, while still protecting the people I loved.

“It's all going to be okay,” he said, holding me close and stroking my hair until we both fell asleep once more.