Chapter 3: Where Nothing Gathers

Tension filled the air of Training Ground 7 as Ichiro and Naruto sat in meditation. Or in Naruto's case attempted meditation.

"Naruto-kun," Ichiro finally said.

"Hai, Ichiro-sensei?" Naruto responded.

"You must clear your mind to achieve Mu, yet I sense what happened earlier still troubles you," Ichiro noted.

Flashback no Jutsu

Ichiro and Naruto arrived at the Hyuga Compound within mere minutes after Hinata fainted. Naruto hoped that there wouldn't be any trouble, but alas it was not to be. At the entrance to the Main Branch household stood Hinata's bodyguard, Hyuga Kō. After seeing the young heiress being carried by the blonde jinchūriki he all but flew into a rage.

"Boy, what have you done to Hinata-sama?" the angry steward demanded.

"I haven't done anything, at least I don't think I did," Naruto said in his defense.

"Then get your filthy hands off her now de-, brat!" shouted Kō.

"Young man there is no need to be rude," said Ichiro, coming to the young boy's rescue. "Young Hinata-chan fainted; my young friend was simply bringing her home."

"Who are you?" demanded the irate Hyuga.

"Kō," a commanding voice said, "calm down." From the doorway the head of the Hyuga Main Household, Hyuga Hiashi could be seen.

"But Hiashi-sama," Kō pleaded.

"Silence!" commanded Hiashi. "My apologies Monk-sama, Uzumaki-san, my fellow clansman is quite protective of my eldest daughter."

"It is quite alright Hyuga-sama, I am more interested in what Kō-san was about to call this young man beside me," said Ichiro.

"Oh?" questioned the Hyuga Head.

"Yes, it sounded like he was about to say demon before he corrected himself," Ichiro stated. "I and my fellow monks have been in this fine village for over a week and I have never known Naruto-kun to be anything less than a kind young man. If Kō-san would like, I could refer him to an excellent optometrist so that he may be able to see the difference between a demon and a child."

"Now see here-," Kō began.

"Kō, take Hinata to her room," Hiashi ordered. He then continued, "We will discuss your…" Hiashi paused as he chose his next words, "lack of manners later."

"Hai, Hiashi-sama."

Once Kō had gone inside Hiashi continued, "I thank you for bringing my daughter home. I trust she was no trouble?"

"No trouble, Hyuga-sama, I found her to be well-mannered and sweet," Ichiro told the Hyuga Head.

"Yeah, Hinata-chan's great," Naruto added.

Brief though it might have been a smile played on Hiashi's face at the praise his daughter was receiving. "I thank you again gentlemen but I must now take my leave," Hiashi said.