³⁰fit

"Moony, are you sure there is no other reason that you're coming to Quidditch practice with us? You've never went before," James snickered as the four Marauders made their way to the Quidditch pitch, where the Gryffindor's would be having their practice after the Hufflepuff team was done with the field.

Remus shook his head, "Nope. I finished all my work and had nothing else to do."

Sirius snorted a laugh besides James.

"What?" Remus interrogated.

"Oh, nothing, nothing. It's not like you knew a certain blondie would be there, being all fit and sporty and shit," Sirius cackled, poking at Remus' arm as he did so

"You're mad."

"Am I? Or are you?"

Peter murmured, "Madly in love, that's for sure."

James and Sirius howled with laughter.

Remus rolled his eyes in response but he felt his cheeks flush because maybe getting to see Ayla might have been part of the reason he went with James, Sirius, and Peter. Or maybe it was the whole reason. Remus just didn't want to admit that because it left him with a funny taste in his mouth and he felt dirty for it.

"Moony, it's okay, you can say you're going to see Ayla! We know you fancy her already," Peter attempted to comfort.

"I'm only going to invite her to Sirius' birthday party, that's all. It's this Saturday, after all," replied Remus, trying to keep his dignity.

Sirius nudged James in the ribs and pointed his thumb over at Remus. "Mental, this one is. Thinks he can fool us."

Peter, James, and Sirius giggled.

The group finally arrived at the Quidditch pitch while the Hufflepuff team flew about frantically; Quaffles flying through hoops, Bludgers zooming through the sky, and the tiny golden Snitch flittering about. Remus spotted Ayla, swinging her Beaters bat at the Bludger coming towards her. Remus tried not to stare but it was a hard because of how shiny her hair looked and how her eyes seemed to glimmer.

The practice ended and the team dropped to the ground and huddled together to talk. After a few minutes of that, the group split and Ayla noticed Remus in the stands, where she waved to him with a big grin. Remus turned about, making sure she was actually waving to him and not someone behind him. He sheepishly waved back.

"Ehm... We'll be right back!" James announced, and he dragged Peter and Sirius away from Remus as Ayla flew up to the stands where they were.

"Hey, Ayla," Remus greeted, trying to remain cool.

"Hi, Remus! Whatcha doin' here? I thought you didn't like Quidditch?" Ayla teased as she smiled. She was hovering in front of him, wrapping her Quidditch robes tighter around herself to keep warm from the biting cold.

"Had nothing else to do. You looked great out there," replied Remus. He cringed at himself. Who said that?!

Ayla beamed and tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Thanks. I'm excited for our big match against Ravenclaw."

"Me too. Hope you win so the Gryffindor can pummel the lot of you," joked Remus.

"Oh, don't say that, you don't mean it. You don't even know the difference between the Quaffle and Bludger!"

Remus chuckled, "I know enough from hearing James ramble on about it."

"I bet," Ayla playfully rolled her eyes. They stared at each other for a moment and before it got too awkward to bare, Ayla wiped her hands against her thighs and then pointed to the Hufflepuff locker room. "I best be going. I should probably shower. Stink a bit."