⁴schedule

Ayla woke to her head throbbing and shuffling across her dorm. Her brain felt fuzzy, tense and like someone was pressing an anvil onto it. Maybe she shouldn't have stayed up until six in the morning looking through "The History of Magical Inventions", but even though her head felt like it might implode from its cries for sleep, she didn't regret it one bit.

She pulled the dark blue covers higher to her head, pressing her cheek into the pillow and continuing to try to get some more rest before the day started, her fingers slowly and absentmindedly fiddling with the hem of the duvet.

Avi would have scolded her for staying up that late, even though he kept awake until the early hours drawing. He was a rather good artist though, so Ayla guessed she would let it slide.

Then, there was a soft tap at the bottom of her bed followed by Tegan's croaky voice, "Ayla, it's seven thirty. Breakfast just started, come on and get up."

"Okay, just..." Ayla yawned loudly, cozying herself deeper into her blanket, "a few more minutes. Classes don't start until nine o'clock. I don't need breakfast."

Tegan ripped at the covers and pulled back, flinging them off Ayla, "Well, I do. Now come on you lazy oaf."

-----

After begrudgingly pulling on her uniforms pair of trousers and blouse and tying her tie (needless to say, quite messily), Ayla and Tegan walked into the Great Hall and took their seats at the Hufflepuff table next to Emmet.

Ayla filled her plate, taking her time eating as if it could hold out the feeling of summer; no homework and endless freetime.

A shake of her shoulder as she stuffed the final piece of her bacon into her mouth brought her back to her senses, releasing her from reliving her eventful summer.

"Schedule?" Grace's voice asked, her hand raising to her ear and tugging softly at the end of it, her earlobe. Ayla's noticed the small habit in Grace over the years, these small nervous tics always being something she noticed in people. Like her brother for example, he'd scrunch is nose, her father would grind his teeth, and Ayla herself would bite the inside of her cheek, sometimes even until it bled. Blood covering your teeth wasn't that cute of a look so she attempted to stop the habit but to no avail.

"Err," Ayla blinking out of her daze, turning away from Grace and rummaging through her own bag. "Oh, um," a short pause as she scanned her written schedule, "I have double Potions first hour, Herbology next, and then Defense, today. Bloody rubbish schedule already, don't you think? Anyways, then tomorrow I have Transfigurations, Charms, and thats it. Think I might just die. You?"

Grace cursed under her breath, a frown on her lips and a indent between her brows. "I have double Potions, Transfigurations, then Defense. Tomorrow is Charms, and Herbology," Grace reached out for a slice of toast. "At least we can see each other at least every other day, y'know? Worst classes together is always the best because we can give each other the homework for it, so I guess that's a plus."

Ayla chuckled as she began to pack all of her stuff back into her bag, closing the flap and plucking up one last slice of fried bread and standing from her seat. She nugdged Tegans shoulder, "Hey, I'll see you in class later?"

"Yeah, yeah, go on now, I know you hate being late," Tegan rolled her eyes, smirking, as she went back to eating her eggs.

"Okay," Ayla smiled, looking over to Grace who had been standing by the door, waiting for them to walk to Potions together.

-----

Potions. Truly Ayla's least favorite class. She hoped it wasn't as difficult as most sixth years said it was. It made her worried, it never was her best subject.

"Come on, Ayla, stop standing there and lets go in and get good seats. I'm not sitting next to Farty Marty again," Grace moaned, rolling her eyes as she grabbed Ayla's wrist to pull her into the classroom.

"Stop your complaining, Marty wasn't that bad," Ayla mumbled back as she begrudgingly stomped her way into the room.

Grace huffed out a sigh, "He honestly was that bad. How'd he get his name, you dingus." She reached up to flick Ayla's ear.

"Because kids are jerks, thats how!" Ayla spat back, slapping Grace's hand away from her. She then turned to look for some decent seats and...

There were none left... except next to the Marauders.

 except next to the Marauders