Chapter 20: Staying In

A constant beeping is all Callie hears the next morning. Her eyes wandering over to look at the clock. It reads 5:30.

            "Mm good morning," says Josh, feeling him kiss her cheek as he shuts the alarm off.

            "Morning," Callie groans, keeping her eyes closed.

            "I have to go to work."

            "No, stay," Callie says opening her eyes, wrapping her arms around him.

            "I wish I could, but my job is slightly important," he chuckles, kissing her once again.

             Standing up, Josh walks into the bathroom and she hears the shower start up. Callie lays there yawning and closing her eyes. Hearing the bathroom door open a few minutes later, she opens her eyes, seeing him walk out and picking up his clothes. Once getting dressed, he leans down and plants a kiss on her lips.

            "We're still on for dinner tonight right?" Josh asks.

            "Yes, we are," Callie nods.

            "Good. Maybe you can have some fun two nights in a row for once," he says to her.

            "Yeah yeah, screw you," Callie says, flipping him the bird.

            "Later," he winks, kissing her back. "Have a good day."

             As Josh leaves, Callie lays in the bed the majority of the day knowing this time tomorrow she won't be as her summer classes will be starting. Her mind floods about the night before, smile never leaving her face. With no softball practice, Callie decides to dedicate her day off for getting errands done. She gets a lot of things done that include going to the store, the campus bookstore, and even manages to hit the batting cages.

            Later that evening, in the midst of getting ready she hears the doorbell. "Damn, he's here already?" Callie says to herself, walking out of her bedroom and to her front door.

            "Hi," she greets Josh once the door swings open.

            "Hey," he answers back, stepping in and planting a kiss on her lips.

            "So, what are we in the mood for?" Callie asks when Josh steps in, shutting the door behind him.

            Josh shrugs.

            "Well, I'm craving some Chinese," Callie suggests.

            "Sounds good to me, eat out or bring it back here?" he asks.

            "Well, we can order Chinese and come back and eat it in bed?" she says, winking at him.

            "Sounds good. We'll get some Chinese, ice cream, a couple movies and a Costco sized box of condoms," he winks at her, pulling her in close to kiss her.

            "Sounds like a good night."

            Sliding his hands down Callie's arm and into her hands, he intertwines their fingers, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

            "I like you more and more all the time," Josh says smiling.

             The pair get in Josh's Mustang and begin their drive into town, ordering the Chinese on their way and stopping at the store to kill time. They walk to the checkout line with some ice cream and the box of condoms before getting the movies and going to their final destination – Chinese.

            While Josh is talking to the lady at the counter, Callie notices some of her friends sitting in the dining area, of course waving at them.

            "Everything okay?" Josh asks Callie. The little old woman walks back to the kitchen to get their order.

            "Yeah my friends are over there," Callie says pointing. Emily and Hannah wave once more.

             "Do you want to go say hi?" he asks.

            "Oh trust me, they'll text me later."

            "Okay," Josh says, grabbing the bag of food and a bag of fortune cookies as they walk out.

            Getting back to Callie's apartment, they walk in and place the ice cream in the freezer. Josh getting out the food.

             "So the couch or bed?"

             "Let's eat here and end the night watching our movies in bed with our ice cream," Callie says smiling.

             "Sounds like a deal," Josh says as they sit down and eat.

             A little while later, they find themselves in Callie's bed, watching one of their movies, eating the ice cream and opening all of the fortune cookies.