As the last 10 minuets of the game roll around the loud cheers begin to erupt from the spectators again - not that they particularly stopped throughout the game, but I guess they just begin to increase in noise level.

The Lions are 18 points ahead of the Tigers, having scored four touchdowns.

That's right...four freaking touchdowns.

Although tonight's game has proved that the Lions are one hell of a talented ass team, I'm still convinced they won't manage to score another touchdown in 7 minuets - lucky for me.

"GOAIDANGOAIDANGOAIDAN!" Grace yells from beside me, her voice now hoarse and her face flushed red as we watch Aidan glide swiftly along the pitch, ball in hand before throwing it at another team member.

I raise my banner back in the air again after I had placed it on the ground for a quick second, allowing my arms to have a little break after they had started to burn. "GOOOOOOLIIIIIOOOOOONNNNSSSSSSSS!" I scream at the top of my voice, jeering proudly. A layer of sweat lines my forehead despite the chilly breeze outside - in the stands it's cramped and clammy, probably due to the fact the entire school seemed to have made an appearance tonight.

Mia outstretches her hand that is clutching a slushy and I lean over to take a sip out of it. She slaps my head away.

"Hey that's mine," Mia huffs.

"Sharing is caring," I smile, giving her puppy eyes.

"Fine, but one sip only!"

I take three sips just to piss her off.

"Do you think they'll make 5 touchdowns before the end of the game?" I ask her, after I swallow sip of the cool drink and gaze up to the large sign that has the clock telling how many minutes left of the game. 4 minutes.

I let out a breath of relief and smile as the image of Lucas turning up to homecoming in a dress pops into mind. I have the perfect dress for him too; hot pink and extra sparkly.

"What did you say?" Mia asks me, well more like screams at me, over the defeaning noise.

"HUH? I CAN'T HEAR YOU?"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"OH...I was asking if you think they'll get 5 touchdowns before the end of the game but it's too late now, the game is almost ov-"

I'm promptly cut off by Mia screaming for dear life and throwing herself on top of me. Panic slightly bubbles inside of me as I struggle to breathe against Mia's sudden embrace. What the hell? Why is she hugging me?

But that's when I hear the horns blare, signifying only one fucking thing.

My stomach drops.

I push Mia away and briskly scan my eyes around the crowd and the sight confirms all my suspicions. The purple and yellow spectators are screaming frantically and jumping up and down in joy, alongside Grace who has abandoned their banners and is now hugging the girl standing next to her aggressively.

"TOOUUUUCCCCCHHHHHDOOOOWWWWWN!"

An uneasy feeling riles up inside of me. No fucking way.

The universe decided to taunt me one last time as shortly after, the final bell rings out, signalling the end of the game and my mouth falls open as I watch everyone celebrate around me in what feels like slow motion.

NONONONONO. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

The crowds continue to go wild, indicating that yes, this is happening and the players down at the pitch peel off their helmets and begin jumping on each other in celebration. I see the girlfriends and boyfriends of the Lakesiders rush over to the pitch and embrace their mans, Ivy included. She briskly runs down the stairs and onto the astro turf, jumping onto Lucas, wrapping her legs around his waist before peppering kissing on his face.

The embrace slightly tugs at my heart but I'm too in shock about the five touchdowns to even properly care and I can even apprehend what's happening Mia and Grace grab me by the arm and haul me down the stairs and towards the guys.

Grace flings her arms around Aidan in congratulations and he spins her around as they hug. Mia awes loudly and the two quickly pry away from each other like they're on fire.

"Well done guys!" I congratulate the team, still half out of it, my eyes focused on Lucas who has his arms wrapped around Ivy.

As if sensing my gaze on the side of his head, he turns around to look at me, a sly smirk playing on his lips.

"I win," he taunts smugly, biting his lip to stop the large smile breaking out onto his face over my flustered expression. That's before the team begins to usher him, Aidan and Dylan away back into the locker room so he quickly presses a kiss to Ivy's forehead before sending me a cheeky wink, then allowing the guys the haul him back into the locker room, still basking in their glory.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Honestly guys i have no idea how American football works. Is five touchdowns in a game unrealistic? I mean idek what a bloody quarterback is so sorry if anything is inaccurate, I tried to google research as much as I could :o