1 ♦The Start of a New Beginning♦

"Let me take over, and all your worries will disappear." Lyn said slowly. A serious tone laced in her voice. Lyn stopped petting my head and instead reached for my hand and held it firmly, "I want you to trust me, Cate."

"Do you trust me?" Dagdag pa ni Lyn. I could feel her eyes staring right back at me through the shadows casted by her hood.

I wiped the tears that collected on the corner of my eyes, "...I...I trust you, Lyn."

Lyn smiled, before holding both of my hand and gently pulling me to stand up. Nang makatayo na kaming dalawa, nagsulat ako nang maglaho yung lamesa at upuan. Nakatayo kaming dalawa ni Lyn sa gitna ng spotlight, magkahawak kamay.

"I promise, I will protect you with all my might." Gently, Lyn pushed me out of the spotlight and towards the darkness.

The moment I stepped out fully of the spotlight, everything went dark.

Caitlyn's eyes fluttered open, and yet she was greeted by darkness.

Dahan dahan syang napaupo at napatingin sa kaliwa at kanan, pero kahit saan sya tumingin, kadiliman lang ang kanyang nakikita.

For some unknown reason, Caitlyn wasn't panicking even though she probably should. But she's calm. It was strange.

Lumingon ang dalaga sa kanan ng may makitang liwanag, maliit lamang ito at tila ba isang puting tuldok sa kadiliman.

Dahan dahan syang tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo at nagsimulang maglakad papalapit sa liwanag. Ang dating mala-tuldok na liwanag ay nagsimulang lumaki habang papalapit sya ng papalapit. Not long after, the light was blinding as it engulfed Caitlyn. The girl shielded her eyes from the white light.