❄️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏 ❄️

Hanji's POV

It had been days since we decided to go outside the walls on a rescue trip to find (F/N).

So far we had seen nothing. We did encounter a few titans but it was nothing that we couldn't handle. My eye's grew tired of looking at the same surroundings. We had been outside the walls before so we knew which routes were best to take. Therefore we took the route which was the safest, so Erwin says.

I scratched the back of my brown messy hair and let out a yawn. Eyes watering a little as I needed to rest. But I knew that I couldn't stop now. We had come so far at this point some people would give up on her. They see her as a tool, a weapon. Something that they can throw outside the walls and let them die protecting the wall. All because those cowards called "soldiers" couldn't be arsed to get off of their high horse.

"Squad leader, how long are we going to keep searching for the commander?" A faint voice asked. I bit my lip not replying to Moblit's question. "Do you think she's de-" Before he could say anything else I swung my head around to look him in the eye.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence. (F/N) isn't dead" the water in my eyes started welling up again. I could see that Miké was frowning at me as he watched the scene unfold in silence. Focusing on the path ahead.

"But you don't know that!" He said raising his voice a little. I gripped my horses reigns tightly, my knuckles started to turn white. The hot tears still streaming down my now red cheeks.

"Hang on. Hanji I smell something" I look at the blonde in confusion before motioning for him to continue. "She's close by I can smell her" my eyes widened in shock.

"Where Miké?" I asked, wiping my tears and re-adjusting my now crooked glasses. He just nodded before pointing straight forward. I gave my horse a small kick sending it into a gallop.

I'm coming (F/N) just hold on for a bit longer...

———————————————

After a few minutes of travelling, loud noises could be heard in the distance. I glance back at the two men and they nodded. We drew our swords and made our way over to the loud noise to see what it was.

"Loud stomps. It's definitely titans, problem is we don't know how many there are" Miké said quietly. A stern look now on his face. I could tell that he wanted to get (F/N) back as soon as possible.

As the titans came into sight my eyes widened. There was at least 20 or more titans surrounding an old house. As we got closer I noticed the rapid decrease in temperature. Snow was now falling from the air, our breaths could now be seen telling us that we were close to the ice powered girl.

We finally got close enough to the scene to see what was actually happening. The titans were in a circle surrounding something. The house had now been destroyed, wood shattered everywhere.

Suddenly a huge blast of ice appeared. It hovered in the sky for a second before it decapitated a titans head. Blood spraying every before slowly evaporating.

I signalled Miké and Moblit to engage in combat. They nodded, shooting their hooks into the titans before taking off in the air with their gear. I shot my hooks into a near by Titan, the wind swept through my hair as my swords made contact with the titans skin. Cutting deep into the nape.

This continued for a while until I finally caught a glance of (H/C) coloured hair. I landed on the ground next to her. Checking her for any injuries. She looked okay for now, however most of her body was dirtied and beaten. Her once (E/C) eyes were now shining. Something I hadn't seen before.

As I went to place my hand on her shoulder a little shard of ice flew at me. I narrowly dodged it earning a small cut on my face. My eyes widened she's broke through.

"MIKÉ WE NEED TO GET HER OUT OF HERE! SHE'S BROKE THROUGH!" He looked over at me in shock. He pointed over to a Titan who was just about to grab me. Before I could do anything. Ice crawled up the titans arm paralysing it. The (H/C) was now breathing heavily. The Titans had now turned all their attention onto us. I watched as a titans foot came towards us. Before I could do anything I could was shoved onto the ground harshly hitting my head on a rock in the process. Blood was now dripping down my head. I tried to recollect my vision which was currently blurry.

Suddenly a loud shout caught my attention. "(F/N)! NO!" I looked over to see Miké making his way over to her bloodied body. My eyes widened at the sight. She had collided with some ice that was there after previously defeating one of the titans. A large sharp shard was sticking out of her stomach. I quickly limped over to her body, tears now clouded my eyes.

"(F/N) don't close your eyes please. You can't leave me" I grabbed ahold of her hand. My own slightly becoming frozen from her outburst of power. I pushed a strand of bloodied hair out of her face before wiping a tear that has just fallen down her cheek.

"I-I didn't think I would go out like t-this" She said coughing up blood in the process. A small smirk appeared on her lips as a streak of blood ran down the side of them. "T-thank you for always being t-there Hanji you were always... My first friend" I closed my eyes and let the tears fall down. As I was about to speak out somebody beat me to it.

"Hanji..."

And those were the words I didn't want to hear.