❄️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 ❄️

Levi's POV

I watched as she walked away from the two unconscious bodies that were sprawled out on the ground. I glanced towards Erwin who had a frown on his face.

"What was he talking about Erwin?" I watched as he gritted his teeth, he stepped over the bodies and walked into his office.

"Hanji go after (L/N) she needs to be calmed down. You should know what to do" The browned haired woman nodded before rushing off to find the commander. "Ackerman come in" I glanced at him before walking into the office and leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.

He closed the door behind himself before taking a seat at his desk. He looked at me directly before sighing.

"You wanted to know what Nile was on about right?" I nodded staring straight back at him. "We made a deal after (F/N)'s court trial was over-" before he could say anything else I snapped interrupting him.

"What do you mean you made a deal with him!" He sighed before continuing what he was saying ignoring what I said.

"After the trial had ended we got called into a meeting straight after. Only the superiors were allowed to attend hence why you didn't know about this." I furrowed my brows at him in annoyance.

"Just get to the point already." I spat.

"We made an agreement that Commander (L/N) will be handed over to the military police..." My eyes widened from the shock of his words. I stared at him, trying to process what he had just said.

So it was true what Nile had said that day...

———————————————————

"Nile Dawk, what do you want?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, I just happened to be strolling by when I heard your conversation with the second commander. You seem really fond of her don't you Levi Ackerman" He replied, a smug expression on his face as he leaned against the wall.

"Tch. She's my commander nothing more nothing less what's your concern?" I spat.

"I was simply just asking as of all. Have you got a problem with that cadet?"

"Stop toying with me get to the point why are you here?" I furrowed my brows in frustration.

"I want the commander to work for the military police"

———————————————————

I walked over to Erwin's desk and slammed my hands down on it. Creating a loud bang from the impact. My eyes were narrowed as I glared at him.

"So he was right with what he said!" I shouted clearly catching Erwin off guard.

"Did he speak to you?" He asked, clearly confused after my little flashback.

"Yeah he did, after the court session he was listening to mine and the commander's conversation. After she left I told him to come out. I told him to get straight to the point so he said wanted her to work for the military police" He sighed deeply unsure of what to say to me.

"Look Levi I'm sorry but I can't go back on the agreement. It was either she gets executed or she gets sent to the mps. I had to choose what was best so I chose the other option." I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist in anger.

"It was meant to be a fucking court to put that asshole Flagon into jail for assaulting her. Not the other way around!" Anger was all that I could feel at this very moment. I wanted to hit something, stab something. Just anything that could calm my nerves right now.

"I didn't have a choice Levi! Do you think you could watch her get killed in front of your eyes while you stand there uselessly unable to do a single thing?" For a moment I stopped exhaling. The realisation started to sink in.

Would I be able to handle it? She's the only one that I really have left... Why do I have to feel this way about my Commander?

"I-I don't know..." I whispered, Erwin clearly must've heard me as he sighed deeply. He was stressed and everyone knew it.

"Levi I have come to the decision to make you a captain." I shot my head up and looked at him, eyes slightly widened at his sudden statement.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Don't make me repeat myself Ackerman" I nodded before letting him continue. "You're one of the best soldiers that we've had in a long time. You've proven that you're worthy to be in the survey corps and you've proven that you are loyal to your comrades. Hence why I'm offering you the position as Lance Corporal Levi Ackerman." 

It took me a few moments to process what was happening. I took a long thought about it before speaking up.

"Do you accept this offer?"

"I do"